First site ever

marzon

Reaction score
This my first website, yes. I know it's simple because that's the way I like it, so I know there isn't a whole lot to it. Hopefully I'll get some feedback from you people that I can use for this.

http://marzon.elementfx.com/

xanthophobia

Reaction score
It has a very clean look. I really like it.
The color scheme is very calming too.

I don't know if it's just my computer screen, (which views colors differently from my old computer), but I found it a bit hard to read the paragraph headings because there isn't that much contrast between the white text and the background color.

Also, there's a typo in "Navigation".

I noticed that you linked to x10. You could've used your referral link if you wanted?

sunils

Reaction score
nice and simple site. You specified that the link crossed are not working/under construction. In that case, make it look different and stand out so that the user donot need to read the full paragraph to understand why the links are crossed.

nice background and pictures used to say that its a good personal site. I thought to apply for affiliate. but let me finish my site and then i will do that.

marzon

Reaction score
Ah yes, the links. I thought about that but didn't get around to it and forgot. I'll work on it as soon as possible.

And I'm glad you're thinking about affiliating, that's good news!

marzon

Reaction score
Oh yes, thanks again. Right now you can give me a link and I'll fix everything..

Any more suggestions anyone?

Jesse

Reaction score
Not bad for a beginner. But i suggest you center the contents, it's quite disaligned.

marzon

Reaction score
Center my contents? I can't see how it's dis-aligned, could you tell me how it is?

Last edited:

sunils

Reaction score
Thanks for adding me as affiliate. I dont find any problem in alignment. Its perfectly aligned. Once more thing i just forgot to ask you,

Why did you leave out a header. It was an empty image. Find a nice heading and put that in the header. Otherwise it looks blank.

marzon

Reaction score
I left out a header? It looks blank?

Are you talking about the image not having text? That's the way I want it for now, I'll edit it if I want to later.

Last edited:

Sohail

Reaction score
It's quite nice for a first website, the background goes with it and i like that colour scheme but you need to align the main site into the center to make it look professional. You will also need to finish the effect on the rest of the buttons, then add some content to the site and i'd give it a 7/10 :).

marzon

Reaction score
Align the main site? I don't quite understand. Are you saying that everything isn't aligned to the middle?

And thanks for the good rate!

Last edited:

xanthophobia

Reaction score
I'm guessing you're using 1024x768?

On my screen, your website looks like this.
*shrug* I thought it looked fine as is so I didn't mention it, but I guess other people disagree.

I like your new text color for the paragraph headings :D

Also, you forgot the "http://" when linking sunils's site.

marzon

Reaction score
Thanks for that example, but I sort of like it like that, at least it isn't WAY off. And thanks for the comment, I'm glad you can see it better!

And thanks for the suggestion, I'll fix that.

theBruney

Reaction score
I think he meant move the entire container to the center of the page. Well, that's what I'd suggest. :) It's good for a beginner. The design is lovely. Great job. I suppose for now you are looking at site design? Well I think graphic wise you've got the concept. You're code doesn't validate though. On my own first set of sites I didn't think that was important, so I didn't bother to. However, (don't follow in my terrible foot steps) I think these days when you request that your site be reviewed, most designers tend to check if the (X)HTML validates.

marzon

Reaction score
I did validate everything, I just didn't fix it I guess. But I'll look into that, I appreciate the comments!