Free Radical closes its doors.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It seems like Haze pretty much sunk the developer. It's sad to see a developer like Free Radical die off due to such a bad game like Haze. It's not like there track record was terrible either. The Time Splitter series were a critical hit and the new iteration was in development but it lacked a publisher.

Anyway, the article is here.

Things are not looking good for Free Radical Design, the creators of Haze and Timesplitters, according to several reports.
UK videogame websites are abuzz with reports that the Nottingham company's employees arrived to work Thursday morning to find the doors locked, and congregated in a nearby hotel instead.
"After the poor reviews of Haze and subsequent loss of a contract with LucasArts, (Free Radical was) struggling to find publishers to back the long-awaited TimeSplitters 4 and other smaller projects and were left with no choice but to pull the plug," an anonymous ex-employee told Edge Online.
Free Radical has made no official comment on what the door-locking portends.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It's becoming the trend recently in the gaming industry.

malcomhfc1875

Reaction score
Well timesplitters 2 was the best game the made. Man i loved that game so much that my bro bought it for us to play a few months ago :p. Shame that haze was an epix phail. Was so promising at one point till beta.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well timesplitters 2 was the best game the made. Man i loved that game so much that my bro bought it for us to play a few months ago :p. Shame that haze was an epix phail. Was so promising at one point till beta.
Honestly, it never looked good. It was always a generic looking game and it was very out of character to other Free Radical games.

malcomhfc1875

Reaction score
Honestly, it never looked good. It was always a generic looking game and it was very out of character to other Free Radical games.

Well it was high antisapated game (which i cant spell) for alot of people. Everyone i knew wanted it. No one bought it after the played demo. The demo put alot of people off.