FrontPage Forms - "Nortbots"

datumon

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm using FrontPage 2003 to create a simple form to collect data from users, and when it has been published to the web, on clicking Submit, an error page appears, stating that the site can't find "/_derived/nortbots.htm".

Does anyone know of a solution to this problem? I've heard it may be something to do with FTP and/or FrontPage Extensions.

Not sure whether this was the right section to post in or not.

tittat

Reaction score
*****Thread Moved to Scripts & 3rd Party Apps*****

datumon

Reaction score
Sorry about my wrong post in the 'Tutorials' section - thanks Tittat for moving the thread.

Parsa44

Reaction score
datumon are you trying to display the information permenantly or temproraryly?

A bit more detail in your post is appriciated!

datumon

Reaction score
Sorry, here is a more detailed version of my question:
I'm using FrontPage 2003 to create a simple form to collect data from users, and when it has been published to the web, on clicking Submit, an error page appears, stating that the site can't find "/_derived/nortbots.htm".

I would like to be able get the results of what people fill in sent to an email address, as I will be using the form as a sign-up page for one of my online services.

I used the FrontPage 2003 form wizard to create the page, and it still doesn't work.

Any help with this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Datumon.

nightscream

Reaction score
I wish I could help but I'm not familiar with frontpage and will never use it again.
To have a form emailed to you, you need php or asp(x10hosting only provides php). Of course you can make it send with an installed email client but than the program has to be configured on the client's computer.

datumon

Reaction score
Thanks nightscream for the reply.
I may look into some third part php software to install instead.

Anyone else with any more information or advice, feel free to post please.
Thanks.

Datumon.

datumon

Reaction score
I think I may have sorted the problem - waiting to test it though.
I think it may just be as simple as me not uploading the required form_results.csv file and the _private folder to my site.

Thanks again though for anyone posting, or able to help.

Datumon.

datumon

Reaction score
It's still not working after I tested it - but I think it may be an issue with my FrontPage server extensions.
I'll post again soon after I've looked into it.

datumon

Reaction score
FrontPage doesn't seem to be the right kind of software to use - I'm not sure whether I'm using the extensions properly. I'll probably use a php-based wizard instead.