ftp using captain ftp

Status
Not open for further replies.

caskade2771

Reaction score
hi there. i have an account with you that i recently set up and i am trying to access via ftp with Captain FTP. i have a separate account with you that i am able to access with no problems and have checked the setup next to this one.

i am able to upload files using the cpanel filemanager OK but i cannot logon using Captain FTP.

is this because the account was only recently set up? i seem to remember some delay in being able to access my other account in this way when i first set it up. if so is there anything that can be done to expedite this waiting period? if not how long must i wait before i can use my ftp programme to upload?

warmest wishes
th

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Once the hosting account is setup there should be no additional delays.

Do note that you are only allowed to have ONE free hosting account, so if the other is still active, you'll have to chose which one t use.

What error, if any, do you get from your ftp client? And what are you putting as host and user? Do NOT post your password.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
If the two accounts are not on the same server, they should not have the same host for instance, which is why I asked for what details you put in (minus the password).

For the account attached to the forum account you use right now the host should be: boru.x10hosting.com (or transitionhereford.x10.mx).

User name should be same as you use to login to cpanel, are you able to login to cPanel at https://boru.x10hosting.com:2083 with the same credentials as you put into the ftp client?

caskade2771

Reaction score
thank you for your replies anna

just to clarify, the hosting account i am having problems with isn't really mine, i am just donating my technical skills and time to a local charity/organisation in setting up a website for them. i already have an account with you so i recommended they use your services and i am doing the set up for them :)

i think the problem seems to be sorted now. i am still having some problems signing in with the extra ftp users i have created but i will toil away some more and if i can't get anywhere i will get back to you

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.