GameTap Beta!

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I would do this but there's known bugs with GameTap and Vista 64-bit. :( But I'll certainly check this out shortly.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
What's in the beta? I know the service has been launched for a while so why and what is the beta for?

blitzkrieg

Reaction score
hmm seems quite interesting, thx for the link I'll really look into that.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
GameTap is a subscription based program. You download their software, then you can download old time games, and a few newer games ... but to play the games, you have to be logged into their software.

I've had gametap and canceled after a while. Its not really worth it. Its nice to have, because the games they add ... but not only do you have to have their software, but then you download the games - have to keep connected to download ...

It was nice for a while, but I would rather spend that subscription money on something else.

xPlozion

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's somthing you have to sign up for.

the registration code is a code that you need to put in, not an actual username password. If you follow that link, just above the rules it'll have a box for the registration code. I think it's to prevent people who do not have a beta code, but from what i've heard is that it's not unique (the same for everyone), but the code I saw was from like a year ago.