Giving 20,000 credits for the best website design!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawmail333

Reaction score
Well, I think there's been enough time, they've still got about 12 hours left (if that's AEST we're talking about).

Topic? What's that? :wink:

I hope he doesn't want that stripy effect, otherwise I'm done for. I don't think he does though, as he liked mine.

So far, which one do you think you are most likely to choose bigjoe4?

jjpeacha

Reaction score
Well, i've made some tweaks to the design and the coding aspects. As I said before, the flash now degrades if they dont have flash player, and the PNG error is fixed in IE6/7 (I hope! ;)) Also, the footer text can be changed - just tell me what you want down there.

http://circuitz4u.jc-studios.co.uk/

Please, comment!

Last edited:

bigjoe4

Reaction score
Okay lets try to stay on topic ;).

bigjoe4, i have two things to ask -

1) Are you going to make this contest longer as it seems everyone needs a bit more time?
2) Do you want to keep that stripy effect like in the new one?
It's been four weeks already, I probably won't extend the contest.
I don't want you to keep the stripey effect.
So far, which one do you think you are most likely to choose bigjoe4?
I like most of the entries, I havn't decided yet. Those people who's entries I don't like: I have told them so to avoid wasting their time.
ok a little tweaking done

how's it now?
I will be honest with you: as your design is now it will not win the contest, not that I don't like it, just that there are many good entries and I don't like yours as much as some of the others. So in order to avoid wasting your time you should stop working on your design, although if you want to start again you are welcome, though there is only about 48hours left to post your entry.
Well, i've made some tweaks to the design and the coding aspects. As I said before, the flash now degrades if they dont have flash player, and the PNG error is fixed in IE6/7 (I hope! ;)) Also, the footer text can be changed - just tell me what you want down there.

http://circuitz4u.jc-studios.co.uk/

Please, comment!
I like the red :) the way you have layed out the pictures leaves lots of blank space in the text, so could you put them to the side of the text or have the text wrapped around them to show your design in the best light for the contest? There are many good entries so it is easier for me to judge which I like best if the small things are right.

Last edited:

dawmail333

Reaction score
@jjpeacha: I've going to show you a screenshot, there's a problem.

attachment.php

This is in Firefox 3. That's what I hate about those types of layout.

@bigjoe4: So mine's fine?

Attachments

• blackspaces.png
    blackspaces.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

dawmail333

Reaction score
Haha. :nuts: You shouldn't take designs from mentally unstable people... :biggrin:

EDIT: That looks a lot better jjpeacha!

Last edited:

jjpeacha

Reaction score
Haha. :nuts: You shouldn't take designs from mentally unstable people... :biggrin:

EDIT: That looks a lot better jjpeacha!
Lol - who u referring to as "mentally Unstable" :thefinger. Thanks for the compliment.

XGI Admin

Reaction score
I bet if i entered this i would completely win but, I dont now a thing about html I just do images :)

I designed my site :) XGI: http://www.xgi.exofire.net/

EDIT: I am learning HTML right at this moment hopefully i can finish by tommorow.

EDIT #2: Please... purspone the competition. My dad said i have to get off the computer. im only 13.

Last edited:

dawmail333

Reaction score
That is a nice site XGI!

EDIT: It even degrades well for IE6! I'm very much impressed!

Last edited:

Sohail

Reaction score
Damn, i haven't seen a site as good as that in ages!! xD Where did you learn to do all these graphics, do you do everything in Photoshop?

javayathzee

Reaction score
XGI Admin, if you want, we can collaborate on this one. I'm good at HTML, but I stink at graphic design. We could split the winning pot 50/50?
PM or post on this thread if you're interested :)

dawmail333

Reaction score
I think you'll find you don't have much time. By all means, do go ahead! I like a competition, this will make it tougher! :evil:

Dan

Reaction score
Competition is nearly over!!!!
I wouldn't want to be in your position now, Joe. You've got so many designs to choose from!!!!

jjpeacha

Reaction score
Ok just some last minute tweaks. I have changed the footer text to "Circuitz4u.com"

Please, if you want it changing just say so!

dawmail333

Reaction score
I'm holding my breath man! I have to go away now though, he'll probably announce while I'm gone.

P.S. The notice in the footer saying we made it can easily be taken out if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.