Google Ads Based On?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Reaction score
Hello,
What exactly are the Google Ads based on? I'm getting pretty weird results, that relate to my topic, like computers/technology, but are pretty off from the page.

Alacritous

Chris

Reaction score
I know, but like exactly what?

Anything in particular, like the meta tags or what?

Alacritous

icely

Reaction score
from http://www.dylangreene.com/googleads.asp

Google's text-based ads (called Google Adsense) are targeted based on what Google knows about the specific page that the ads are displayed on. This can lead to some interesting results. For example, if the page mentions coffee, even though the site might have nothing to do with coffee, you might still see a bunch of ads for coffee.

Josh

Uber No0b
Reaction score
How would you make money placing google ads on your page?

Chris

Reaction score
Josh said:
How would you make money placing google ads on your page?

Well you can't using the ads x10hosting provides you with.

But basically, if you have your own website with AdSense ads, whenever someone clicks on those ads you get quite a small amound of money (couple of cents). Just think about it though, if you have over a thousand people visit your website a day, and your site uses AdSense good (like it displays ads that are exactly like your content) then you could get a ton of money.

Alacritous

icely

Reaction score
yeah.. my friend was able to come up with $9 per click a day last january, this kind of happening is rare

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
When everyone had Google on their sites it was about 10-15,000 impressions per day and about $2 :)

-Corey

Chris

Reaction score
Wow I'm really happy. I don't get those damn dell ads and I get ads that are actually related. LOL I hate dell.

I guess it takes a little bit for it to get your ads correctly, because on one of my pages that had a bunch of linux sites, it was advertising like about dell computers, and now it is about linux related subjects.

Alacritous

prasys

Reaction score
It depends on the keywords if you type

Just test and see

If you type Windows (create a blank page for it and then put the ads) , you will see unrelated stuff

In boards , usually , if someone mention a word (e.g Malaysia) , it will show up about Tourism , etc and other stuff

Thats how it works..:D

B3ST3R

Reaction score
it all depends on keywords it picks out from ur site, like "Halo 2" any where in the site will sometimes display a ad saying, "Do You Think You Could Beat Halo 2".and its cost per click

Status
Not open for further replies.