Handmade Case for PC

Burak

Reaction score
I'm preparing to do a handmade case for my pc from wood. I got this idea from a turkish modding site. İf there is anyone interested, ı can translate for u.:innocent:

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Cool. I think it would be nice to see that. Show us a picture of it when you are done.

N

Nathan

I hope it doesn't catch on fire. I use Cooler Master cases personally.

Burak

Reaction score
Sure thing, i'm gonna post photos to here after finish, not now. It's lookin like a wooden box now, not like a case.

Last edited:

NewFuture

Reaction score
ye whatabout safety, if the wood gets too hot it could catch fire, youa dding loads of cooling systems or something fans, water cooling

Burak

Reaction score
NewFuture said:
ye whatabout safety, if the wood gets too hot it could catch fire, youa dding loads of cooling systems or something fans, water cooling
I got plans a 12cm and a blower at front, a 8 cm exhaust fan at rear, a 8cm slim fan at left and a indrustrial blower at right. Note that 12cm pc fans blows 30 cm3per minute, my blower blows 300!

NewFuture

Reaction score
great, itl be cool in there, will be noisy there but im sure the wood will absorb some of the noise, but maybe make it a large sized base subwoofer,

Last edited:

IamShipon1988

Reaction score
i recommed you not to use wood, my cousin did something crazy like that and the box just broke apart. not sure why...but the case will over heat, and if you put it near a plug it might catch on fire...i recommed you buy cooler master cases (as dewayne recomended), i think you can buy one from this link http://www.tigerdirect.com/
or from http://www.newegg.com

Burak

Reaction score
NewFuture said:
great, itl be cool in there, will be noisy there but im sure the wood will absorb some of the noise, but maybe make it a large sized base subwoofer,

Yeah, definitely cool. But sorry for mistake, ı wrote right and left wrong. I'M gonna use a kind of rubber, nimed EVA for noise and vibration isolation. Believe me, you cannot hear blowers, even if you can't see their work, you cant believe they're workin.

Last edited:

S_W_A_T

Reaction score
Juz make sure it isnt black painted/colored, black took in more heat faster then usual... ;)

haqzombie

Reaction score
Wood would(get it) make an interesting mod...kinda a rustic look, but yeah I think it would hold in a lot of heat.

Conor

Reaction score
Hmm....a wooden case. That would be kind of cool looking actually. There are the obvious safety issues, especially if you put any kind of finisher on the case but it definetly wood look PIMP.

S_W_A_T

Reaction score
If there's fire, first thing you have to do is buy a new comp, cuz your CPU would probably be the first to become ashes... LOLz... j/k..

NewFuture

Reaction score
well you must defianlty post the images of your work cant wait to see it, you quite a carpenter?

Burak

Reaction score
I can say i'm a good carpanter, but only in my capasity. Sure, i'll post images rigt here, but problem is i gotta wait for a few weeks, i won't use usual contents or technics, so it will take time to design, project and produce it.

n4tec

Reaction score
Wow.. I would love to see your wooden case..