Have now since 3 days 500 Internal Server Error on my site

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewedgi

Reaction score
Hello,

I Have now since 3 days 500 Internal Server Error on my site. Is this issue known? Or am I the only one with that problem?

Are you going to fix it?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

Your site is throwing a 500 Internal Server Error because you have a .htaccess file in your /public_html/ that is configured incorrectly. If you don't need the .htaccess file you could just remove it, or, alternatively, try to fix it.

Thank you,

thewedgi

Reaction score
Okey, thank you for this advice. Its true, i have created a custom .htaccess.
The odd thing is that this error came a day delayed :S ...but i will try to fix it.

Thank you :)

webdevtu

Reaction score
Was there a problem in your .htaccess file? I am having the same problem, but am fairly confidant the file is syntactically correct.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Was there a problem in your .htaccess file? I am having the same problem, but am fairly confidant the file is syntactically correct.
In your case the error was with permissions. Public_html needs to be 750 (only time it would actually function at 755 is if you at some point accidentally removed it and created your new folder yourself. I sorted the permissions out and your site should now work.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

I Have now since 3 days 500 Internal Server Error on my site. Is this issue known? Or am I the only one with that problem?

Are you going to fix it?
What is the exact url you're seeing this on? Going to your domain directly does give a directory listing due to there not being any index file (index.php, index.tml) in your public_html folder.

webdevtu

Reaction score
Oh no. It started doing it again. Any ideas?

In fact, I can't access it at all now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.