Health Care

rebellion

Reaction score
Do you agree with Obama's 1-trillion dollar Health Care plan? He is very inexperienced with this area, and Our country is already in too much dept. What do you think about his plans?

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't agree with anything that involves spending.
As you said, we're deep enough in debt. The faster we can get rid of our debt, the better. And we'll never pay it off if we continue this spending spree.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
This would have to be something I'd have to research on, as I haven't been keeping tabs on this. Otherwise, considering how much money Obama has already spent in bailouts for failing companies that didn't modernize, the country since the Bush times has spent in the Middle East and against Terrorism, and everything else going on, and seeing as though all of these jobs are being exported (which leads to people relying on the government for money/healthcare), and the such, that plus add on I'm going to be spending all of my working life getting my money taxed to pay off all of that debt, I'm not to keen about adding any more debt to the country. Give me fiber optic internet before spending any more money!

Personally, before we spend any more money on these programs and such, we need to first of all, kick the job market right in it's rear end, turn it around, and get modern jobs back into the US. Once the job market is kicked back into shape, companies would start to come back to life (given they've modernized), people would have their healthcare, which reduces the government's risk of spending more money, and from there, people would pay off this debt, and so on and so fouth. Now this is just my view of it, but instead of spending more and more money to "fix" things while making a bigger mess, why doesn't anyone fix the core problem that is causing this economic downfall, the failure of jobs, lack of modernization (aka the it just works thought process) and exporting of them because companies want to be cheap and rake in cash.

jmcgowan

Reaction score
I do think that something needs to be done about the healthcare issue. Don't get me wrong, I've been resourceful enough to always work in places that offered fairly reasonable healthcare (which is impressive considering that I've worked mostly retail). However, I know how hard I've been hit with doctor and hospital bills even with the healthcare plan. I can only imagine how hard people without health insurance are getting hit.

However, I'm not entirely sure that spending 1 trillion dollars on a gov't sponsored health plan is the answer. Unfortunately, I'm with Smith 6612 in that I really need to do more research on the subject, but really? 1 trillion dollars? There has to be a better way.