Help, I see suspicious files in my Wordpress installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

vekou

Reaction score
I need some help. Lately, I have been seeing some suspicious files inside my Wordpress site. I don't know how these files got there, and my worst fear is that my site has been compromised. I've stripped down the plugins from my site to minimize the possible security breaches. Here are the plugins that my site is using:
  • Akismet
  • All in One SEO Pack
  • Disqus Comment System
  • Google Sitemap Generator
  • Syntax Highlighter
  • Tiny MCE Advanced
  • YARP
My site was suspended a few months ago because of these files that keep reappearing. Please help, I was given a final warning, I don't want to be banned from x10 Hosting. Thanks.

bholdswo

Reaction score
I would backup posts in WordPress Export, then uninstall the script and reinstall then get your posts imported back. (This may/maynot work and I bholdswo is not responsible)

Thanks,

vekou

Reaction score
I would backup posts in WordPress Export, then uninstall the script and reinstall then get your posts imported back. (This may/maynot work and I bholdswo is not responsible)

Thanks,
Thank you for the reply. I was already instructed to delete my Wordpress installation late last year, which I did, and restore the posts using my backup. I removed a lot of plugins which I suspected to be problematic and left only the basics. But after a month or so, I already saw suspicious files again.

Status
Not open for further replies.