Help Improve my HTML Preview Editor

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
This is an online HTML preview editor I made with Javascript and PHP. Type in your HTML code on the left panel and it is shown (almost) instantly on the right side.

http://hcj.brianyang.org/

The Javascript mode is for editing JS only without having to wrap it in HTML tags.

The Show URL button generates a URL query that allows you to link directly to the entered code (As well as options for live editing and JS mode). For security reasons, the code in queries is not automatically executed. In addition, the HTML script tag cannot be added to the URL (security measures block this), although I'm working on a workaround for this.
Example: This URL will display a custom code message.

The Clear button clears everything. The Reset button changes the code back to the default. The default is the code in the URL query. If no query is provided, the default is a welcome message.

This editor is made to help people learn basic web design languages.

This is the first non-beta version of the editor. I'm currently working on a version that uses jQuery as well as Syntax Highlighting.

What do you think of it? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
This is an online HTML preview editor I made with Javascript and PHP. Type in your HTML code on the left panel and it is shown (almost) instantly on the right side.

http://hcj.brianyang.org/

The Javascript mode is for editing JS only without having to wrap it in HTML tags.

The Show URL button generates a URL query that allows you to link directly to the entered code (As well as options for live editing and JS mode). For security reasons, the code in queries is not automatically executed. In addition, the HTML script tag cannot be added to the URL (security measures block this), although I'm working on a workaround for this.
Example: This URL will display a custom code message.

The Clear button clears everything. The Reset button changes the code back to the default. The default is the code in the URL query. If no query is provided, the default is a welcome message.

This editor is made to help people learn basic web design languages.

This is the first non-beta version of the editor. I'm currently working on a version that uses jQuery as well as Syntax Highlighting.

What do you think of it? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Nice Idea.
And as told previously,the site deserves a better banner or title image
The concept is nice but somehow it loads slowly on my PC.
Why?

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Wonderful !!! You just need a good banner !!! ^^ Good job

Nice Idea.
And as told previously,the site deserves a better banner or title image
The concept is nice but somehow it loads slowly on my PC.
Why?

Thanks for the feedback! I'll work on a better header banner.

@vv.bbcc19 What browser are you running? Maybe its a browser specific issue w/ the Javascript or it might have been temporary server issues.

And also, I just realized I need to prevent creating URLs with extremely long queries. Requests exceeding ~850 characters are currently blocked with a 406 Error. Can anyone suggest a better method to allow linking directly to code?

Last edited:

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Ahah..
I think so..its my browsers issue.
I turned to opera and its fine.Then installed moz-4 and its ok now
Regarding -- Can anyone suggest a better method to allow linking directly to code?--
I am currently unable to suggest but working on it and following this thread to see if some nice suggestion comes up.
Great going - nice site.
Regs,
VVBB