Help Select Suitable CMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

shivk

Reaction score
After reading the post http://forums.x10hosting.com/teh-intarwebz/5897-how-choose-open-source-content-management-system.html I thought of using CMS to design my website. Now as suggested in the article. I searched cmsmatrix.org and finallized that the following CMS may work for me.
  1. Dragonfly CMS
  2. e107
  3. Elxis
  4. Jaws
  5. Joomla
  6. OCportal
  7. Ovidentia
  8. Plone
  9. pTools
  10. SPIP
  11. TikiWiki
  12. WebGUI
  13. Xoops

I am basically looking for a simple CMS which has facility to have a blog, a image gallery, some poll, with a front page and few static pages for making a personal website.The CMS should be simple to use and configure.

Please suggest me best suited for a beginner like me.

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I would have to say e107, easy to use, and good for beginners.

swirly

Reaction score
haha e107 can be but, the first time i tried to set it up, i gave up it was so much trouble. but later on i tried it was a breeze.

TuanKiet

Reaction score
Likely CMS according to friend say how unknow it be whatever times body e107 not already use to become me but according to body CMS likely and easy-to-use there iss several later one:

SOSO News Express, Slaed CMS Pro, ViVVO CMS

-- REMOVED --

Last edited by a moderator:

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
I suggest e107. It's very easy to use.
If your looking for something simple, don't use Joomla.

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
I have used e107 a few times. Out of all the ones listed it is the easiest, like everyone has stated. It also has a wide selection of things you can do even though it is very simple. I think if all you are looking for is what you posted in that last paragraph, you would really like e107.

WebGUI is also a nice little CMS, I haven't used it for more than testing purposes but it is not as complicated as some of the high-end CMSes.

Last edited:

deadimp

Reaction score
I'll throw my CMS, Thacmus, out there. It's compact and small, probably about 100-200kb of PHP code. I've designed it to be flexible, to basically allow for your own style.
However, it's meant for hobbyist developers, so if you don't really want to touch coding at all, one of the mainstream CMSes is want you want. You'll need to know some HTML, CSS, and of course, PHP. You could probably learn by looking at the source, as with everything else.

Last edited:

secf.ues

Reaction score
About this topic, I was searching one for my site. I tried to install OCportal but I got a error message (The fopen function appears to have been manually disabled in your PHP installation. This is a basic and necessary function, required for ocPortal.) Was wondering if it's ocportal problem or I'll have this problem with any I try to install, and if so, how can I fix it?

pbmuja

Reaction score
I recommend Joomla its easy to use and very functional.

whizynix02

Reaction score
i agree with joomla.. it has almost all the functionality that a user need...

but you can try pluck-cms... easy to use and install... no database... :)

zen-r

Reaction score
secf.ues & you other 2 people - why are you posting to a 2 year old thread?

Please start a new thread if you wish to discuss this topic, or similar. The facts contained in this one are now well out of date, & will help nobody.

This thread should be closed!​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.