Help With Creating a CMS

Wizet

Reaction score
Can someone help me continue a CMS? The website that I want the CMS to look like would be http://basilmarket.com. If so per say that this offer would need money or credits can a mod please move this to the Marketplace section?

The options that I would need to be implemented are the following:
  • Ability to post announcements without going to the web server backend.
  • A ModCP, UCP, and ACP
  • Permissions for a mod and admin
  • Search Engine

Now for GFX artists I would for you to do the following if possible:
  • Make a banner for the website (For example if it morning make it bright and if night make it dark)
  • Also try to find the origin of the text on the banner
  • Make online/offline images
  • Make a post thread and post reply image.

If there are any other questions please PM me. Have a nice day!

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I am wondering if you want to create an entire CMS from scratch or are do you just want to mod an existing CMS to suit your needs?

Wizet

Reaction score
Mod an existing CMS so it can fit my needs. Also the CMS is custom so you won't be able to find support anywhere.

kkenny

Reaction score
Do you have a website with the existing CMS for an example?

deltavolt

Reaction score
Based on your requirements I'd say you'd probably be better off using a forum like phpBB and adding a website mod to it. Most forums already have the features you mentioned above.

Reaction score
I am pretty new when it comes to these things but have you tried existing CMS's like the others have said? Joomla and Silver-stripe are pretty popular to name a few, plus there is probably a huge community backing these open-source options. So finding information on modding them for your needs shouldn't be too hard! :biggrin:

kandkglass

Reaction score
I wondering why you would want to reinvent the wheel. Try Joomla (big and top heavy) or ModXCMS (AJAX website framework) Wordpress (a fantastic CMS if you manage it right - Example: Window and Door Replacement, Lake Geneva, WI. ) Drupal is great, but requires some heavy lifting on the front-end to make it look like something other than Drupal. sNews is about the lightest, simplist CMS around (and good with search engines.

Hope this helps,

Karl

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I wondering why you would want to reinvent the wheel. Try Joomla (big and top heavy) or ModXCMS (AJAX website framework) Wordpress (a fantastic CMS if you manage it right - Example: Window and Door Replacement, Lake Geneva, WI. ) Drupal is great, but requires some heavy lifting on the front-end to make it look like something other than Drupal. sNews is about the lightest, simplist CMS around (and good with search engines.

Hope this helps,

Karl

he isn;t trying to reinvent the wheel, more like modifying the wooden wheel to a rubber wheel to make the ride more smoother

he wants to modify a CMS to his needs, to make it appear like basilmarket, and some of the modifications may require some programming, which is what he wants.