HERE is How I get visitors.

gptsven

Reaction score
I invest my time in working promotion methods. This is what I have done to get a steady amount of traffic to my site.

# 1 Video marketing

I made 10 youtube video's which get 320 views each day. From those 320 views, 20% of my youtube views convert to clicks out on the link in the description page. It took of slowly but I never expected youtube to become one of my biggest traffic resources.

#2 Content networking
My constant traffic is the result of content networking. I made a series of websites, blogs, video's and articles and linked them all together. The idea is to keep visitors viewing YOUR content as long as possible.

#3 SEO

well a lot of visitors still come directly from search engines. I added dynamic meta tags on my website, and tried to pick usaturated keywors on my wordpress blogs. Anyway i think it worked out pretty well cause my site has PR1 and my blogs have PR2 15% of my daily visitors on all of my content come directly from search engines.

#4 Communities

Another good stream of traffic I get from forum boards, like this one. I try to join forums related to the keywords I try to market, and sometimes drop a link to one of my articles. I also buy signature links from time 2 time.

#5 Traffic exchange

I recently started a project to test the potential of traffic exchange websites. Anyway I build a little html splash page with links 2 my other content, and a click tracker script, and let it rotate in traffic exchanges. I was surprised that 10% of the visitors on manual traffic exchange actually click atleast ONE link on my splash page.

http://gptcheats.wordpress.com/
http://synbitz.wordpress.com/
http://www.youtube.com/gptcheats
http://www.webhost-choice.com
http://www.trafficexploit.co.cc
content-networking-traffic-building

x10dan

Reaction score
Thanks for the post very good ideas, and mostly free! :):biggrin::biggrin:;):biggrin:

DanielOnLine

Reaction score
Thanks, I especially liked the way you broke down the effects of video marketing.

priyaa161

Reaction score
Good Tips to increase website traffic. You Tube is really is a good source for advertisement for free but to make some video is not an easy task.

btfog

Reaction score
Truly amazing post. Some rep to ya.

Last edited:

infopage

Reaction score
I recently started a project to test the potential of traffic exchange websites. Anyway I build a little html splash page with links 2 my other content, and a click tracker script, and let it rotate in traffic exchanges. I was surprised that 10% of the visitors on manual traffic exchange actually click atleast ONE link on my splash page.
It amazes me that some ppl still don't believe traffic exchanges work, I've been using them for a while and one thing I notice is they're good for sign ups if your splash page acts as squeeze page:wink:

priyaa161

Reaction score
Thanks, I use camtasia to produce youtube video's, anyone can use it! you can insert video fragments, desktop recordings and images + music with the click of a button, Heres a little intro post about creating youtube video's http://synbitz.wordpress.com/2010/02...ting-software/
Thanks, I was looking for this information from a very long time. I seriously want to rep you for this but I've reached my max limit for today.

Last edited:

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
It amazes me that some ppl still don't believe traffic exchanges work, I've been using them for a while and one thing I notice is they're good for sign ups if your splash page acts as squeeze page
It amazes me that people put so much value on visits from link exchanges. Sure, putting your site in these exchanges may make many people visit your site, but do these visitors actually contribute, do they improve your site, and - most importantly - do they remember it and come back, no not really?
Plus the fact that link exchanges can ruin your PageRank...

Don't get me wrong, parts #1 to #4 of what gptsven said are very valid, just not part #5.

Last edited:

priyaa161

Reaction score
It amazes me that people put so much value on visits from link exchanges. Sure, putting your site in these exchanges may make many people visit your site, but do these visitors actually contribute, do they improve your site, and - most importantly - do they remember it and come back, no not really?

Don't get me wrong, parts #1 to #4 of what gptsven said are very valid, just not part #5.

They are like advertisement, what should be the problem. At least 1 in 100 visitors will be serious and like to visit it again.

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
1% of people returning isn't really good enough when you have to threaten your PageRank to get it.

Last edited:

priyaa161

Reaction score
@Lemon-Tree, Thanks for that link. I never thought that such links can harm any website.

infopage

Reaction score

Depends on the type of page... and I know from actual direct experience that you can get qualified signups to your list from reputable traffic exchanges (which are different from pure link exchanges) if you use a splash page - not your actual home page directory of a major site that a person needs to read lots of content before figuring the purpose of said site:rolleyes:

...there is a thin line between visitors and page rank and just like all other things in life there must be balance, but I tend to prefer qualified subscribers over pagerank. A nice qualified list is a real legal business asset while pagerank come and go with the latest algorithm change.

Last edited:

cheezo

Reaction score
there are lots of stories about how the get traffic from yahoo answers too. you should check the out..

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Ask 100 different people about this topic and you will very likely get 100 different answers. I know I am doing a few things which "experts" on the web say are wrong, but it works for me.

infopage

Reaction score
Ask 100 different people about this topic and you will very likely get 100 different answers. I know I am doing a few things which "experts" on the web say are wrong, but it works for me.

Exactly...and as one of my biggest mottos goes: Only Do What Works!!

@cheezo
there are lots of stories about how the get traffic from yahoo answers too. you should check the out..
I am just now beginning to delve into this and have even answered a few questions on YA. Tell me what kind of advice to do have regarding this:confused:

gptsven

Reaction score
Exactly...and as one of my biggest mottos goes: Only Do What Works!!

@cheezo

I am just now beginning to delve into this and have even answered a few questions on YA. Tell me what kind of advice to do have regarding this:confused:

I also did this + am created yahoo, google and facebook groups, but untill now its going quite slow. Facebook however is very nice, It gets one of my squidoo pages lots of visitors trough being shared by fellow web masters and online contacts! social networking !!!