How can I install ionCube?

the_king_dollars

Reaction score
I installed a Joomla! extension which requires ionCube Loader. (If you didn't know, it is a php encoding program, and this is the loader.) How do I install it? And if it is already installed, how do I enable it?

t2t2t

Reaction score
Umm you can't install plugins onto server, that must be done by Corey and (probably) wont be done... And if its installed, you wont have to (and couldn't) enable it.

PS. Why have you asked lately very strange questions.
PS2. If you want ionCube loader for your computer, go to here.

Colin

Reaction score
I believe we already have IONCUBE installed on the server and enabled, but I'm going to double check on this.

the_king_dollars

Reaction score
Last edited:

TheJeffsta

Reaction score
Umm you can't install plugins onto server, that must be done by Corey and (probably) wont be done... And if its installed, you wont have to (and couldn't) enable it.

PS. Why have you asked lately very strange questions.
PS2. If you want ionCube loader for your computer, go to here.

Um... have you heard of the IonCube loaders? They are like Ixed Loaders and I am not sure if they go in base directory or the directory where they are required.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Hmm lets wait till corey replys

TheJeffsta

Reaction score
Download the stand-alone loaders at http://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php

I think you upload them to the directory in which the encoded file is and then it should run. If not, it should tell you somewhere what you need to do (most likely you do not need server admin priveleges to use these loaders.

the_king_dollars

Reaction score
I get this error when I try php.ini:

Warning: phpinfo() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/tkd/public_html/site/components/com_dcs_flashgames/ioncube-loader-helper.php on line 671
How do I enable it?

And when I try Realtime installation, it informs me this:
Testing Server

Testing whether your system supports run-time loading...

Results

Your PHP installation appears to be built with debugging support enabled and this is incompatible with ionCube Loaders.

Debugging support in PHP produces slower execution, is not recommended for production builds and was probably a mistake.
Instructions

You should rebuild PHP without the --enable-debug option.
Again, how do I enable it?

Here is the address for the helper:

Last edited:

TheJeffsta

Reaction score
when I try php.ini

Isn't php.ini the config. file while php info just reports what the server supports and its current install?

Well, it looks like we will need to wait until Corey or some other Administrator (or anyone else with server rights) to respond to post.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
make a folder called "ioncube" and put files in there and it should work.

the_king_dollars

Reaction score
make a folder called "ioncube" and put files in there and it should work.
I did that but still nothing happens. A question, do I put the "ioncube" folder in my site's home "site.mbtg.exofire.net" or in the component's folder "site.mbtg.exofire.net/components/com_dcs_flashgames/"?