How do i get a wordpress blog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxl33t

Reaction score
You can use Fantastico to set up a Wordpress blog . it's easy, just follow the instructions.
Alternatively, u can get a blog at www.wordpress.org and redirect a link to that blog.
the former is preferable

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
actually, wordpress.org is the place where you download the script, so you can install it on your site. Pretty much the same as fantastico does for you, you are however always sure to get the latest version if you go ahead and download it from wordpress.org and handle the installation yourself.
Fantastico is the easier way of installation though, if you know little about installing php scripts, though most have fairly good on screen instructions. If you want to do it yourself (wich is a must if you want it to NOT be in the root of your domain I think) you need to start with creating a database and a database user through cpanels database wizard.

Last edited:

cuillini

Reaction score
actually, wordpress.org is the place where you download the script, so you can install it on your site. Pretty much the same as fantastico does for you, you are however always sure to get the latest version if you go ahead and download it from wordpress.org and handle the installation yourself.
Fantastico is the easier way of installation though, if you know little about installing php scripts, though most have fairly good on screen instructions. If you want to do it yourself (wich is a must if you want it to NOT be in the root of your domain I think) you need to start with creating a database and a database user through cpanels database wizard.

thank-you both for the responses.

I am familiar with computers however, not so familiar with cPanel.

So I was wondering can i get shell access to my account or does everything need to be done using cPanel?

Really appreciate the help,

cu

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I do believe only paid accounts have shell access.

Status
Not open for further replies.