how to restore Database..

Status
Not open for further replies.

satishan

Reaction score
Please by mistake i have installed some unwanted mods on my forum. Now website is Doh...its database error.

I am getting error like this
Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/satish36/public_html/Sources/Subs-Ads.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/satish36/public_html/index.php on line 213

I have yesterdays backup, please tell me how to restore it in Cpanel.

Please Help.. I am fully down

Please..please help

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
That's a file error instead of a database error.
It basically says that the /Sources/Sub-Ads.php file isn't there.

satishan

Reaction score
Got it, but when i visit my forum, it directly displays that error. Now i can't even log-in as admin.
it seems the mod had altered the database entries.

thanks for reply DB

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

please anyone tell me how to restore databse in x10hosting cPanel.

Please help...
Thanks

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
This is NOT a database error, as DeadBattery clearly stated in his post. You should be able to resolve this error by simply uninstalling the mod -- it should have provided uninstallation directions for you, but if it hasn't, then just undo everything you did when installing.

As for restoring files, databases, etc. -- Backups on free hosting accounts are the responsibility of the user. You are responsible for backing up your site in a secure location outside of your x10Hosting account. I would recommend downloading backups of your files and databases at least once a week, and keep them for a month or so.

The administrators of x10Hosting do keep backups of your account, but these are only ever restored when x10Hosting itself is at fault for something (like if your database got deleted during a server move).

EDIT:
To generate backups, do one of the following:
  • For filesystem backups, go into the cPanel File Manager, navigate to your Home directory if you aren't already there (it will be the topmost directory you have access to), and then select the "public_html" folder (as well as other folders you want to back up). Once you select everything you wish to back up, click on the "Compress" link at the top of the File Manager, choose the archive type (I'd recommend "GZiped Tar Archive" or "Zip Archive"), and compress the files. Then, download the new .tar.gz or .zip file onto the computer you want to store the backup on.
  • For database backups, go into phpMyAdmin, and click on the "Export" tab in the right pane on the home screen. Select all of the databases you wish to back up (do NOT select information_schema!) using ctrl+click to select multiple databases. Keep the "SQL" option selected under the list of databases. Leave the Options as-is, and make sure that "Save as file" is checked at the bottom. Select "gzipped" (this is important! Do not select "zipped" as it cannot be easily restored!) and hit "Go" to back up your database. Then, save the file.

To restore a backup you've made, do one of the following:
  • To restore a filesystem backup, upload your .zip or .tar.gz to your home directory in the File Manager. Then, select that archive and choose the "Extract" option
  • To restore a database backup, choose the "Import" tab in phpMyAdmin, browse to the file you backed up, and then submit the form

Last edited:

satishan

Reaction score
Thanks Skizzerz for reply..
ya i agree with you all, but how can i un-install that mod, i can't even see my website,now how can i log-in into it as administrator.
The first step ie; revisiting website fails.
And there is issue of database on Boru server, i frequently got that error "cannot connect to database" even now at this time the same error..

Status
Not open for further replies.