How's it look?

hatbocs

Reaction score
http://hatbocs.x10hosting.com

Still working on it, and I've been messing with the theme (not my own, but tweaking it).

Anyone experienced with Wordpress? I'm trying to figure out how to categorize posts by having them appear just in certain pages (such as my CS:S Skin Manager page). I found the Inline Post plugin but it's not quite what I'm looking for.

Maybe I don't quite understand how the categories work, either.

Anyway, this is my first blog type site and first time using Wordpress. Any critiques, comments or help, is appreciated. (and perhaps rewarded?) ;)

Last edited:

Dan

Reaction score
I can tell you an absolutely brilliant site to learn about Wordpress themes: http://www.wpdesigner.com - I learnt about it all by first reading his tutorials on making a wordpress theme and then downloading the extra bits he did about all the images and CSS and things.

The site doesn't look too bad. I quite like the orange, white and grey colour scheme which I usually don't for some reason. You could do with putting maybe a logo in the top right corner where it says Hatbocs as well - it'll look better then.

reglus

Reaction score
I think it looks quite good theme wise but now you just need to get some content.

hatbocs

Reaction score
Thanks for the link, Dannad.

I'm working on content slowly. I don't have much to put in it right now, but I'm thinking about treating it as a regular blog and just follow topics I'm interested in.

I've also thought about switching to Joomla! since what I really wanted/needed was something built more for CMS than what wordpress can handle. I'm looking over that site, though.

satbir

Reaction score
I am sorry as it may be my personal view only.

Somehow font color and background color are mixing up and are not coming out properly
You may like to use site name with little more details for meta tag to make it more SEO friendly.
I some how prefer a explicit header on top may be smaller one but with something as without traditional header footer site does not look great

Ads are too low to get notice. May be three column theme with ads on one side can be better.

Though I do not think my site is great theme wise but you can have a look - http://ipo.investorsouk.com/ which is using wordpress.

If you are looking for CMS then somehow I find Drupal more powerful then Joomla. Have a look at this site http://TravelExtracts.com/ which is using drupal.

hatbocs

Reaction score
Thanks much, Satbir.
I sent you and Dannad 20 credits.

I'm going to try my hand and making a template from scratch first. If that doesn't work out I'll look more seriously into Drupal or Joomla.

Last edited:

digitalmobilemap

Reaction score
I have reviewed your site.
The content is quite simple and personal.
I did not know what you intend to do with your site?
What is key message and benefit that you intend to give to visitors?

hatbocs

Reaction score
I have reviewed your site.
The content is quite simple and personal.
I did not know what you intend to do with your site?
What is key message and benefit that you intend to give to visitors?

The site is going to be a place for me to put my projects. I have several but haven't added them to the site yet. Right now I'm concentrating mostly on my program and that's the main reason for having the site, as I want to give people a place to check in on it and get updates and whatnot.

The site is rather empty, I admit, but I have been messing around with Photoshop and spent most of today working out a theme I'm making.

Here's a preview of what I got so far:

I've only spent today on it, but i think it looks rather good. Once I finish it, I'm going to chop it up and stick it in css.

So, what do you think of that? Look better than what i have now?

Edit: just realized I have the year as 2007, ha. Whoops, oh well.

Last edited:

sunils

Reaction score
Ya the site really looks simple and good. I will tell about the contents and others after all works are done

Logicx

Reaction score
The layout is simple nice and professional.
Content is of the absence which you already know.
For sure I'm coming back later...