html software

Discussion in 'Scripts, 3rd Party Apps, and Programming' started by M.K.L., Jan 31, 2005.

1. M.K.L.

M.K.L. New Member

i need a good program for html making..dose anybody now any good ones

2. M.K.L.

M.K.L. New Member

im not to good with that free hand html..im a begginer

3. phenetic

phenetic New Member

u can use Ace HTML editor, thats good for beginners as-well

4. Richard

Richard Active Member

The only prooblem is that Dreamweaver costs money

Before I got dreamweaver I used a program called 1st Page 2000 www.evrsoft.com
    There is also a program called HTML-Kit theres a favicon creator on the site too

Hope this helps

5. M.K.L.

M.K.L. New Member

ovcourse it coast money..thats y u dl it

6. Corey

Corey I Break Things Staff Member

I also recommend Dreamweaver.

-Corey

7. Su2000

Su2000 New Member

Dreamweaver is a good way to go, if you have enough money for it. It not, save some and use HTML-Kit like what Seeker said. Until you got enough, go to an electronics store and get that copy. (more than enough, studio mx 2004) You can use Microsoft Word for pages, but it's recommended not to (too many codes if you see it from notepad once you save it.

8. asianu

asianu New Member

why not learn basic html instead of relying on programs? you're coding will come out neater manually. go to w3c.com to learn basic tags and attributes. Then progress to css and some basic php.

MS frontpage is ok for beginners is you have it [most pc do] or dl a free wysiwyg editor like html-edit

9. evenhotterchilli

evenhotterchilli New Member

LMAO! i hope you're not advocating the use of p2p networks to download and crack copies of Macromedia software illegally! :p Shame on you...

10. fergandross

fergandross New Member

I would actually recommend 1st Page 2000, it has four different levels once you download it. When it's downloaded you can choose either beginner, normal, expert or professional and it is one of the best things i have had, you even create the template with the website content and add your tables, you know how WYSIWYG usually makes you measure your table with click and drag? well then it's out of time for this because you can customise the size of it just by clicking on button and everything else can be done on it as well...you just click on what you want and the HTML is automatically added and it isn't even WYSIWYG and you don't need any experience, it think this is the best HTML editor there is on this Earth.

11. Richard

Richard Active Member

Its a great program to get started with I used it for a few years and its perfect for those wanting to get in to HTML plus it has support for several other programing languages (php, Coldfusion, ASP etc) and its got a whole bank of java scritps which I admit are out of date but all in all a very good program

BTW: Normal mode is Easy, Expert and hardcore mode combined. :D

12. KbFr08

KbFr08 New Member

chami html kit gives you all the tags and sub tags its great for beginners

13. audionation

audionation New Member

Frontpage!!

I would also recommend Frontpage 2000 its really good for doing html tables and its really easy to use.

Thanks,
    Steven Ross

14. fergandross

fergandross New Member

Yeah frontpage 2000 is really good, i also got frontpage 2000 express which is really good.

15. aman01

aman01 New Member

I think its better for you to learn some HTML and use what Microsoft provide you, a NotePAD! The best html editor I ever had!

16. Richard

Richard Active Member

Yea you don't need ant fancy program. Personly I can say HTML is so very easy. When I started I didn't even have a browser lol

Note: This was only 5 or 6 years ago. All I had was 2 .net mags, some print outs from www.w3c.org and notepad on a win 3.1 system. I've upgraded since then lol.

17. Rhianna

Rhianna New Member

If you are looking for a a free html editor, why don't you go to places like tucows.com, cnet.com, and zdnet to search for an html editor listed in the freeware category? Read the reviews & see the ratings for the product. Beware of products with a "free trial" because they are not truly freeware.

I learned the fundamentals of html using wordpad, books, and tips from an online friend in Australia. I looked in tucows.com & cnet.com for html editors. I used to use a "freeware" html editor entitled "Web-O-Rama."
    I had some understanding of html, so the program was okay. Considering that it was/still is a free program, it can help you learn html.
    My only caution is even though Web-O-Rama had been classified as "freeware" in tucows.com, the program turned into "nagware" (upon starting the program, a message would appear asking for donations) :p
    I suggest you read all of the reviews before you decide to download.

18. prasys

prasys New Member

Okay , go out there and learn HTML. Learn the basics..I suggest you to get books like HTML for Dummies , 5th Edition , or go to www.htmlgoodies.com and learn HTML. You just need to know the basics at least. Then notepad/TextWrite will be your friend

Of course , you might want to try Frontpage , but then it adds extra "M$' code on it. Pretty cheap...It does not give you the True Power of HTML , and it normaly requires you to upload the site on a Frontpage.Ext Server..I also suggest you getting Dreamwear .(if you want to spend $$$$ on a software)

For freebies :-

1st Page 2000 or Notepad will do the trick

19. Jim

Jim New Member

20. aman01

aman01 New Member

yes. it work as a browser/chat app and html composer. Good software.