I need to lower the pitch of some PAL XviD videos

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
I'll give you 200 credits to give me a working solution that doesn't require converting videos.

I have tried the following media players:
VLC
Winamp
Windows Media Player

I have the XviD codec installed, but the problem is related to these being PAL videos so they have annoyingly high pitched sound.

gamerdude

Reaction score
Do you want the actual videos sent to someone, modified, and sent back to you? Do you want an actual solution to do it yourself? Do you need it to be on the fly? Have you tried some of the media editing tools in the CS3 suite (e.g. Encore)?

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
A player that can play these at normal speed/pitch (on the fly) is what I'm looking for. At first I thought it was an FPS issue since there is a difference between PAL/NTSC FPS rates but it seems to play back at the correct speed, and VLC should play PAL videos correctly.

javajenius

Reaction score
(VLC should work, it works for almost all of my videos)
Follow these steps:

Use AVIcodec to find out the video and audio format.
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AviCodec

After you find what codecs you need, then download them. Try VLC/Windows Media Player again, and see if it works.

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
(VLC should work, it works for almost all of my videos)
Follow these steps:

Use AVIcodec to find out the video and audio format.
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AviCodec

After you find what codecs you need, then download them. Try VLC/Windows Media Player again, and see if it works.
type: AVI, 1 audio stream(s), quality: 58 %, VirtualDubMod 1.5.4.1 (build 2178/release), ,
Video : 216 MB, 1446 Kbps, 25.0 fps, 608*352 (16:9), XVID = XVID Mpeg-4, Supported
Audio : 16.18 MB, 108 Kbps, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, 0x55 = MPEG Layer-3, CBR, , Supported
I've got the XviD codec installed (as stated in the first post) and AVIcodec reports the same. I also have the MP3 codec installed.