IBEC, DSL/Broadband over power lines-this is a must-read!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Z

Reaction score
well users, if you are in a rural community, you may be seeing IBEC popping up soon. I am moving to Alabama soon because my uncle works there and has offered a job to my dad. Basically, this company provides DSL/Broadband over powerlines (whether underground or above ground), I think they may be providing this service to multiple countries soon, I'm pretty sure they're just operating in the US for now though. Post your comments here!

btw- here, you will see "Brent R. Zitting", that is my dad's brother and he is VP or engineering :)

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Nice, so is he working for them.

Chris Z

Reaction score
who? my dad? well he's putting his two weeks notice in soon, then he'll go out there and start working for them

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Chris Z said:
who? my dad? well he's putting his two weeks notice in soon, then he'll go out there and start working for them

nice so they install internet service everywere...or do they mange it and resell it???

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
cool i wonder how they do it lol i want to do that i might get it it depends

Chris Z

Reaction score
Brandon, no they are basically the founder of this service, they'll be putting some patents on the things that they're doing (if they haven't already), and it will be awesome :)

mattyranks

Reaction score
it does it by transfering the data over the powerlines at different frequencies

Last edited:

Chris Z

Reaction score
i don't really know much about the service, just that it provides DSL for rural areas, that's about it haha, you can read more at the site i'm sure

t2t2t

Reaction score
Estonians are already done internet over power lines. Ok, currently its only in one kindengarden (update needed).

Only bad thing is about the system is its limited range and there must be a device to split power and internet. Or is systems updated?

Chris Z

Reaction score
WTF? Kindergarten, since when do kindergartners need ****ing broadband??? LOL (btw if that's some term you use for something else, i'm not familiar with it, so please educate me) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.