IE8 or FF3B5

FalseHope

Reaction score
Well, they are both out now, what is your opinions on them? I hear that IE8 is more programmer based. FF3B5 is alright, the memory leak was finally fixed, so it seems. I don't like the back and forward buttons though. Everything else, pretty much looks the same. It has the 'new' look to it. So, what is everyone's opinions on this? Do you like them, hate them? Which one would you rather? I know there are threads on IE7 vs. FF2, but none on this.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
It's too soon to decide. Internet Explorer 8 is still in the first stages of a beta and Firefox 3 Beta 3 still has some issues with it like slower rendering times (on my quad core system, I can notice it a lot).

FalseHope

Reaction score
It's not too early, they've been out long enough to criticize about.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
They've been out long enough really, in my view Beta is just a bit too early until things like Beta 3 and above come out, or until the final release comes out. That's when I really bother to compare things, as who knows, what I might write a review on might be completely different the next day in a new build.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
I'll wait for the final release, but the beta-testers I know say FF3 beta 5 is by far better than any release of IE

Agenator

Reaction score
They've been out long enough really, in my view Beta is just a bit too early until things like Beta 3 and above come out, or until the final release comes out. That's when I really bother to compare things, as who knows, what I might write a review on might be completely different the next day in a new build.
Rofl same thing that happened with vista, changed completely from beta 1 (yes I tested it back then) to Final Release most noticible thing from rectangular to circle start bar, oh and removing all the cool filesystem features.... I would wait till final release to compare, although ie 8 still rock imo

David_Tiger

Reaction score
i have been a Firefox fan since i found it after IE was playing up a few year back. but one thing i noticed with the new beta 5 is that on some forums, for example My Forum, the scrolling is very choppy, where as in the latest official release (2.0.0.13) scroll is very smooth.

D

dWhite

Ever since I tried out FireFox, I have not used IE ever. The only time I ever use IE now is to do the right click -> e-mail inbox option on MSN live messenger which uses IE.

As for the betas, I am going to continue to use FireFox v2 until FF3 comes out of beta.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I know for a fact I will get Firefox 3 when it comes out, but not during beta or else it might crash in the middle of something important. (Which happened with a previous beta of something else)
I don't even know what it looks like.
I don't like IE because they don't support tabs ( for the version I have)

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
I know for a fact I will get Firefox 3 when it comes out, but not during beta or else it might crash in the middle of something important. (Which happened with a previous beta of something else)
I don't even know what it looks like.

Sounds like you need IE7. Get that if possible.

CuteKate400

Reaction score

I think thats a stupid comment. Why don't you upgrade your version then?
I might iswell download FireFox 1 and say I don't like it because IE has more features.