I'm really perplexed..

oraya68

Reaction score
If I open my site in Firefox or any other browser, in the status bar I see http:www.camael.co.uk and then what ever link I'm hovering on, BUT if I open it in IE i see http://camael.x10hosting.com and what ever link I'm hovering over. It's really strange. I've cleared my cache etc and even flushed the DNS but still the same thing. Does anyone have any ideas?

Kind regards,
Oraya

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
How do you go to the site on both browsers?

Type the url into the address bar?

Click on a link?

oraya68

Reaction score
How do you go to the site on both browsers?

Type the url into the address bar?

Click on a link?

Yeah I type the address into the address bar. It's really strange, and very perplexing. Umm... I recently installed IE 8, and previous poster on IE 7 didn't get the same problem. I have also just checked it on daughters laptop and the desktop, one running IE 7 and one 6. So I'm now wondering if it's something to do with IE 8. Though I can't see how, dam this is driving me potty. If it's something my end I can live with it, but if it's to do with IE 8 then obviously I want to find out the cause. Sigh... don't suppose you have IE 8 installed?

Oraya

oraya68

Reaction score
So you type www.camael.co.uk into the address bar in IE8 and it switches to camael.x10hosting.com ?

Is www.camael.co.uk parked on camael.x10hosting.com or are you doing a redirect?

Sorry I'm not making myself very clear. Been staring at this screen for too long lol... No, I type www.camael.co.uk into the address bar, and that is what it reads after the site loads, but the status bar reads the xhosting link. It only does it in IE 8, but as I said I can't work out if it's another IE quirk or if it's something my end.

Yes it's parked at x10hosting.

Oraya

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, there is no way that IE would know that the two sites are related. Unless you got one of the "psychically enhanced" beta copies of IE8.

oraya68

Reaction score
Well, there is no way that IE would know that the two sites are related. Unless you got one of the "psychically enhanced" beta copies of IE8.

I know that's why I'm perplexed!! Sigh... this is driving me potty, I've cleared everything I can think of.
Edit:
Ok given up on trying to figure this out, it's got me beat. Cleared out cache, cookies, history, DNS, even tried re-installing it. Nothing seemed to work.. ***** odd! So have now downgraded to IE 7 again and every thing works fine now.

Last edited: