IMAP Capability under Freehosting/CPanel

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejweb

Reaction score
Hi all,
I hope this isn't duplicated. I searched the forums for my question but haven't found an answer and pretty-sure it's a easy one to answer. I have a freehosting website with x10 and logged onto my cPanel page. I looked and searched under the Mail section for where I've created a email account under my free hosting site (ie: .pcriot.com). It appears to be set up as a POP3 account. My question is; can email accounts under the free hosting be setup/configured as IMAP email accounts? If so, then could I configure and sync my iPod to my free email account?
-Thanks all...

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
File Storage: Accounts are not to be used for file storage, your account will be permenantly suspended if found to be breaking this rule. Downloads are only allowed on your x10Hosting account if they have to do directly with your website. e.g. you developed custom software and are selling it or giving it away. Accounts may not be used for mirrors, game file hosting, or any other type of file hosting not specified here.

Illegal Material: This includes copyrighted works, commercial audio, video, or music files, and any material in violation of any Federal, State, or Local regulation. You may not store copyrighted Mp3s or videos on your webspace in any way shape or form.

^ that'd be a no. Your hosting account would then be getting used as storage for your ipod, and it'd be storing copyrighted mp3's on the site (2x violation); the real problem is it'd count as a zero tolerance and it'd be suspended until erased.

ejweb

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Livewire but that wasn't the question. I'm using my iPod to access my email account to check my email - nothing to do with file storage. This is nothing different than using my laptop in a coffee shop to check my email. I'm using my iPod instead. The question then is; can these email accounts (via cPanel) be configured as IMAP accounts instead of the standard POP3? Thanks again...

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Oooooh, my bad, I saw "sync and iPod" and didn't know iPod's could check email >_<

As far as I can tell from x10paid shared there's not a way, but we'll still leave this in case there is and I dunno about it (which is a pretty good chance of happening really).

Status
Not open for further replies.