index

Status
Not open for further replies.

mysticfirez

Reaction score
How do I get an index page if I don't even know my page's URL? Can someone tell me how to do so?

Last edited:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Why do you not know your pages url ? Have you not made an account yet ?

mysticfirez

Reaction score
I already have. But, when I go to file manager, it takes me to a page where it says the doc's name and type but doesn't display the correct URL. Please help.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Ok I just got up and I might be a bit slow this morning, lol. Can you explain this ? Your trying to upload a index.html page is that what your trying to do.

I already have. But, when I go to file manager, it takes me to a page where it says the doc's name and type but doesn't display the correct URL. Please help.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Put the "home.html" file in the "www" folder or in the "public.html" folder and see what happens.

Last edited:

mysticfirez

Reaction score
o.0 When I put it under the "www" folder then access my site, it shows my pagesource instead of displaying the page. Odd.

mysticfirez

Reaction score
Passworded? Do you mean permissions? Mine's

User Group World
/ /
/
/ /

/=tick

Last edited:

mysticfirez

Reaction score
Yes I see that too. How do I stop it? What the difference between placing a file in www and public_html. Please tell as I'm new to this site, although I worked with other hosts before.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
If your file is in "www" now try putting it in "public_html" and see what happens

mysticfirez

Reaction score
How can I do so? Because my home file is already in the "www" folder. When I click on it, it only gives me the option to:

Delete this folder and all files under it
Rename this folder
Change Permissions
Move this folder
Copy this folder

How do I do so?

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
then click on move file and move it to the folder you want.

mysticfirez

Reaction score
OK. [Problem resolved] I felt really dumb thinking that I didn't try clicking on the image link. Another question, what is the default home filename? Is it main, index, or home?

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
Index i believe. If you put your 'home.htm' in your 'public_html' folder and rename it as 'index.html' or 'index.htm' then go to your subdomain URL 'Yourdomain.x10hosting.com' your page should show up. Did for me on my account.

mysticfirez

Reaction score
OK, Thanks. It's working now. But, whats the difference between all the folder names especially the www and public_html ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.