Infinity Ward just shot themselves in the leg

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Apparently Infinity Ward has ticked off the PC gaming community (including myself). They announced recently that Modern Warfare 2 for the PC will not be using dedicated servers any more owned by individuals/clans, but will instead be setting up a regulated Match Making system, with all of the servers hosted by Infinity Ward. Now, if they do have plans to do what the 360 does where if the host has a fast enough connection, the host will be able to run it from their console, I can see where some game support may still be in place. But none the less, unless they change their decision, the PC community is raged up.

I also hope their anti-cheat system doesn't kick me for Heartbeat issues like PunkBuster (which I now refuse to install on my boxes) did pretty much several times a day. I shouldn't need to pull apart my entire network and change every setting possible for an anti-cheat program to work correctly on an already solid DSL connection.

Yes, for those of you who pre-ordered servers, including Art of War Central servers the sign-up pages are all down and if dedicated servers are not allowed, refunds will be given.

Last edited: