Information about VMware and their core product design.

sunils

Reaction score
VMware, Inc. is a software developer and a global leader in the virtualization market.

VMware software provides a completely virtualized set of hardware to the guest operating system. VMware software virtualizes the hardware for a video adapter, a network adapter, and hard disk adapters. The host provides pass-through drivers for guest USB, serial, and parallel devices. In this way, VMware virtual machines become highly portable between computers, because every host looks nearly identical to the guest. In practice, a systems administrator can pause operations on a virtual machine guest, move or copy that guest to another physical computer, and there resume execution exactly at the point of suspension. Alternately, for enterprise servers, a feature called VMotion allows the migration of operational guest virtual machines between similar but separate hardware hosts sharing the same storage.

some of their products are

VMware ESX Server
VMware Workstation
VMware Fusion
VMware Player
VMware Server
VMware ThinApp
Virtual Infrastructure
VMware ACE
VMware Lab Manager
VMware Converter
VMware Site Recovery Manager
VMware Stage Manager
VMware Lifecycle Manager

source :- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VMware

Jesse

Reaction score
I wonder how you create Portable Apps with this?

idfizbo

Reaction score
I've used VMWare for before, during my A+ certification class, back in the day... it gave the students a good environment to get their hands dirty in, without giving them a physical computer to break. It has thousands of potential uses, and I was very impressed.