Infraction confusion =/

Swiblet

Reaction score
Yeah, I have a question about infractions. I have gotten suspended for simple things like forgetting to sign in once a week (long before I was active here), and forgetting ads (when I was stupid). But I hear people saying things about "infractions" too, and I think I've gotten one a long time ago. However, nothing was affected, I was not banned, and nothing happened.

Can someone please explain what the "infractions" do?

Thanks in advance ^_^

~~B3N

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
The infractions are a type of warning system in vBulletin, that if set up by the forum staff, can ban you after a while. But mainly, it's just a warning system. Also, infractions can live with your account until they expire, or can live pernamently (based on what the admin/mod chooses).

Last edited:

Swiblet

Reaction score
Mmm...okay, are the infractions viewable by the one in question on the Control Panel, or are the infractions a mystery to the one in question until he's banned? =0

~~B3N

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Unless the infraction expired, if it was a pernament/still active infraction, it would show up in all of your posts, and in your profile to only you and the forum admins/mods.

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
If you had a infraction, you don't have it anymore.
I think you can view them in the control panel, but I'm not sure.

Swiblet

Reaction score
Yeah, I know I don't have it by now =P But I never got any alerts that I got an infraction, I never saw anything on my control panel, and it never hindered anything for me =/ I never would have known I had an infraction if Brandon (he's the one that gave it so long ago) hadn't said so on the incriminating post of mine.

~~B3N

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Then you don't have one or it will say.. In your USERCP!

Swiblet

Reaction score
=0!! Gasp! Caps! I just told you what happened, not that anyone is lying, Derek =( Sheesh. And I said that I don't have one now, that was a looooong time ago. I just needed to know the way things work here. I'll just assume Brandon had said that as a warning to scare me or something.

~~B3N