Internet Explorer and forum points.

theone48

Reaction score
I have a question about Internet Explorer. Has anyone ever noticed a phenomena where the tabs change color from the normal green to purple to yellow? I've noticed this happen recently whenever I surf the x10 forums and it has me perplexed. I find it sort of freaky. I'm thinking, does it have anything to do with my forum points not always adding up whenever I post individual forum posts (1 post per topic)? Is x10 maybe getting back at me for recent minor disagreements with volunteer staff? Or are those staff perhaps fiddling on my side of the fence? I absolutely do not mean to accuse x10 of anything, but as I've seen this phenomena only recently occur when surfing x10 forums while individual post forum points don't accrue and knowing some members may have reason for negativity, it all just naturally makes me wonder. I'm sure there's a logical explanation for both these things happening. In fact, it's happening right now, which is why I'm writng this.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm not an IE user, so I can't speak with authority, but as I understand it the page tabs are also content security indicators in recent versions (all secure/https, mixed content, all unsecure/http, third-party elements/cookies, that sort of thing). And the post count (along with the credits, when they're visible on the site) can lag the actual count by a bit, particularly when you've just posted and remain on the same thread. (If they get the credit system up and running again, you also need to be aware of how credits work in individual forums here -- some are "no credit", some are "extra credit", and the rate of accumulation depends on the user group you belong to.)

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
The tabs have done that since the introduction of IE8. It just shows which tabs are related to each other for organization purposes, not so much for security as suggested above.

theone48

Reaction score
Yeah, you are right Smith. I did some checking up on it online. Funny how I never saw it before and I've used OS's from 98 to 7. Essellar is right on the forum post thing though. The points one gains is in direct relation to the forum room used. I've found the Introductions room is the lowest earning point-wise. The points don't raise until I post three posts, so most of my posts there only counted for 1/3 of a point. Meaning since I've mostly posted on the Introductions room as an x10 Welcoming Host, my points only reflect a third of the posts I've done.