IPB Help!

XColl

Reaction score
Okay i'm using a completely different domain now. Though IPB is still using my old domain how can I change it to the current one now? Please help, I can't even access to the Admin CP. I need to get my site up or running or people will think my site died.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
XColl said:
Okay i'm using a completely different domain now. Though IPB is still using my old domain how can I change it to the current one now? Please help, I can't even access to the Admin CP. I need to get my site up or running or people will think my site died.

Umm do you still have the old domain???

If you do then go to the ACP from the old one > General Settings and change that stuff in there.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Then when you change the info. just delete the old domain and place in the new domain in your account and IPb will work! :)

jaint

Reaction score
or try logging in via the ip address if possible.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
MicrotechXP said:
Then when you change the info. just delete the old domain and place in the new domain in your account and IPb will work! :)

No you have to go into conf_global.php and change the URLs..theres about 2-6 depending on version you run.

MSchumacher1

Reaction score
blong4life said:
No you have to go into conf_global.php and change the URLs..theres about 2-6 depending on version you run.

Yep follow the above, i just had to do mine, if ever you change anything and cant access the forum just go to cpanel /forum/conf_global.php and change it in there ;)