IPB skinning question

the-void

Reaction score
Hi, guys. I have a question concerning Invision Power Board skins. You see, I managed to partially change the default skin on my forums by altering the files in the "style_images" directory. However, the actual background color of my forums is still light blue... and I can't figure out how to customize it. You can access my forums via the following URL address:

http://www.tev.x10hosting.com/forums

I would like to change the light blue color to pale silver. Thanks in advance.

Anarchytekt

Reaction score
You can't edit the background by changing the images, you have to edit via CSS.
Admincp -> Skin Manager -> *Skin Name* -> Edit skin's colors (CSS Easy Mode)
Now, see the 'body' attribute in the css. There you might find smthn like:
Code:
background: #fff
I am not sure whether it is actually #fff, it might be something else, change the fff to the color you want.
I'll point you to some other common stuff you might want to change as well.
'ipbwrapper' - If you change the width in that, the width of your entire board will change.
forumdesc - That is the description that goes below your forum names in the homepage.
row1 - That is either the part where the forum name is displayed in the homepage or the part which tells you the latest threads, number of threads and the number of posts in the homepage.
row 2 - That is the OTHER one.
post1 - Posts #2, 4, 6, 8 and so on in a thread.
post2 - Posts #1, 3,5, 7, 9 and so on...

'Text color' at the left side of a CSS attribute changes the text color, bg color changes bg color, the textarea at the right is for additional CSS commands you might want to enter.

Search for these in that page, then edit them. It is advisable to make a back-up of IPB's default skin before you start tearing it all down.
I can't confirm most of it because I recently lost my IPB forum.

the-void

Reaction score
Thanks a lot, Anarchytekt. I fooled around with the CSS for a while but was faced with a rather annoying problem. When I edited the background values for "row1" and "row2", some of the images became incorrectly displayed. For example, the "GO" button in the navigation bar became surrounded by a black border, and the "Quote" button by a purple border. Do you have any idea why this occurred? Thanks.