Is IE, even 8, just effin broken?

haslam1

Reaction score
if you are veiwing a php page localy you will need to go though a web design program like microsoft expression web it let's ie veiw these pages
if it's on you server have you tried compatability mode?

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
if you are veiwing a php page localy you will need to go though a web design program like microsoft expression web it let's ie veiw these pages
if it's on you server have you tried compatability mode?
Actually, the only program you need is a web server such as Apache or IIS. There is a webserver bundled in Expression Studio called IIS development, or something like that, which handles php files and send them to the parser.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I both credit Yahoo and blame MS. MS changed something, and it no longer works.
The "credit/blame" statement I made was limited to Yahoo Games not working on IE8. I credit Yahoo for this, you blame MS.

fguy64

Reaction score
The "credit/blame" statement I made was limited to Yahoo Games not working on IE8. I credit Yahoo for this, you blame MS.

Oh jeez, we're really splitting hairs now. Dude, what are you on about? I already told you I supported Yahoo.

Ok so you are crediting Yahoo. That means you think it's a good thing that they decided not to keep up with IE8? Or what exactly?

But you don't blame Microsoft? So it was neither good nor bad what they did? or what exactly?

I personally don't give a damn that IE doesn't work with Yahoo, I'm just saying they lost a lot of good will with hardcore yahoo gamers like my mum, who blindly followed their advice and upgraded and ran into problems. I suppose you are going to say they are wrong too?

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Oh jeez, we're really splitting hairs now. Dude, what are you on about? I already told you I supported Yahoo.
I'm not splitting hairs. I'm talking about the central issue, the answer to the question "Who's responsible for Yahoo Games not working with IE8?" I say "Because Yahoo chose not to support IE8," while you say "Because MS made IE8 incompatible."

In any case, we can't debate why Yahoo Games doesn't work on IE8 without knowing the technical reason for the failure. The alert on Yahoo Games currently says that some parlor games, not all games, may have problems when not using small windows. The statement "Yahoo Games doesn't work on IE8" is inaccurate, though it may have been accurate at one time. Furthermore, Yahoo states they're working on the problem, so I was wrong in assuming Yahoo was standing up to MS for writing a non-standard browser; I can't credit Yahoo after all. As for the problem itself, I don't know enough about the difference between small windows and normal windows in Yahoo Games, and I don't care enough to decompile an applet so I can figure out the difference. I'm not interested enough in this to continue.

I personally don't give a damn that IE doesn't work with Yahoo, I'm just saying they lost a lot of good will with hardcore yahoo gamers like my mum, who blindly followed their advice and upgraded and ran into problems. I suppose you are going to say they are wrong too?
I'm not saying anyone is wrong. I'm not interested in assigning blame, who's right and who's wrong.