Is there a way?

wizeman

Banned
Reaction score
Is there a way that i can run a site from my computer like i will be able to install like forums and stuff...

Plz reply if u have any info

n4tec

Reaction score
wizeman said:
Is there a way that i can run a site from my computer like i will be able to install like forums and stuff...

Plz reply if u have any info

It is possible but you need to have a broadband connection...

ftp 21/tcp # File Transfer [Control]
smtp 25/tcp mail # Simple Mail Transfer
http 80/tcp # World Wide Web HTTP
pop3 110/tcp # Post Office Protocol - Version 3
imap 143/tcp imap2 # Internet Message Access Protocol
mysql 3306/tcp # MySQL

your computer should be on all the time..
you need a UPS..
You need to ask your ISP finally for permission..

n4tec

Reaction score
Articz said:
WOW you need alot :D good think we have x10 :D

there is much more and you probably need a backup drive.. all the ports in my prepost need to be accessible (open)...

For the forum, you need to have PHP and MYSQL installed and runing with apache server.. PHP is should be running in "safe mode" to offer PHP executions for outside persons.. FTP and Mail servers are needed too.. Firewall is extremely needed..

Last edited:

wizeman

Banned
Reaction score
is there a software or sumthing that can guide me through all this ( i have a very fast broadband connection)

funindia

Reaction score
If you like to check the functions of Forums, message boards e.g., phpBB, SMS, IPB, Mkportal, PHPNuke... CMS etc. Just download a utility called PHPTriad from download.com, It has php, mysql, cgi.. etc. to run all of common CMSes Offline.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
You could always google abyss webserver and see if that is the software you are looking for. (just my 2 cents)

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Like Funindia said you can always download webserver packages that come with everything you would need to run a web server. I use Apache2triad It comes with an installer so it does everything for you automatically.

dsfreak

Reaction score
I would advise you to go to xampp, not apache2Triad. I just, dont like them, why? it always made my computer crash. gogle xampp, and you will find it