ISP Config

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Has anybody ever got ISP Config to install? I've tried it in many different places and many different hosts and on my own systems. It just simply won't install for me.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
By "won't install" what do you mean? Does it error? Etc.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
I managed to get it working once on a virtual machine. But I didn't find it very helpful or easy to use so I gave up and used WebMin instead.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
By "won't install" what do you mean? Does it error? Etc.

Well, half of the packages it requires apparently doesn't exist or something. I'll be trying to get it installed soon again however, I doubt it will.

I have installed it successfully on my home server. Tutorial here: http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-ubuntu-9.04-ispconfig-3

I'll try that tutorial sometime, thanks!

I managed to get it working once on a virtual machine. But I didn't find it very helpful or easy to use so I gave up and used WebMin instead.

I've used Webmin before, for some reason I just don't like it. The interface needs some work, other than that, it functions well.

The Real Rebel

Reaction score
Well, half of the packages it requires apparently doesn't exist or something. I'll be trying to get it installed soon again however, I doubt it will.

I'll try that tutorial sometime, thanks!

I've used Webmin before, for some reason I just don't like it. The interface needs some work, other than that, it functions well.

Agreed I don't really like webmin either!

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I like webmin, other than the fact it doesn't support monitoring lighttpd by default. :p