Karma?

• Yes, I believe in Cosmic Justice

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • No, Its a load of rubbish

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters

Dazz

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity and after reading the 'Reincarnation' thread with great interest, how many of you believe in Karma?
and why?

I didn't until about a year ago when it suddenly started chasing me with a big stick so I guess I'm a believer :biggrin:

fempower

Reaction score
I believe in Karma after a fashion because I've seen it in action in real life. There are some cheating, stealing people who have nothing but bad things happen to them. Then again, it may be partially because of how they see the world (expecting bad things to happen). But there are plenty of other people who seem to run on so much luck despite the evil they do. However, they do eventually get theirs too.

thebabyhater

Reaction score
No karma for me, but that's because I've seen plenty of cheating, stealing people make their way to the top and achieve my definition of total happiness. :S

eliasr

Reaction score
Karma is not a cosmic thing [for me].

Is not like a judment where if you cheat somebody cheat you.

[For me, once again] It more like a mental preseption, if you make a good action and then you find money you asociate the two actions, but normally good thing happend to you but you don't appreciate.

Make good things and you will appreciate more the goods that happen to you.

mmm... same in the other direction.

charithjperera

Reaction score
Karma seems real for me, Just trying to do everything you can the right way seems to make other things go well too. There are some other people that cheat and do quite well but ignore them and just try to do what you can the right way.

If not for the karma, atleast you get the feeling that you did something good.

Zdroyd

Reaction score
Personally, even if it is not real, it is more believe able than most other religious beliefs.

And because: "Energy can not be created, or destroyed." There is a good chance that that also applies to Good and Evil, Sadness and Happiness, etc...

Armacci Design

Reaction score
I'm not a big believer in Karma, mainly because I'm a behaviorist at heart (only what can be observed can be evaluated). I can understand how some circumstances can appear karmic, but like anything, luck plays a big part in it.

Then again, I like to keep an open mind, so if someone dropped irrefutable proof of karma in my lap, I wouldn't doubt it.

mattura

Reaction score
good answer Armacci Design

Unfortunately I see some very unworthy people who seem to get the best chances/opportunities/gains in life...and some very worthy people who simply get stepped over by others because they are not so pushy. No, life's not fair.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I am not sure Karma is cosmic, but I believe in it because I have seen it work. Maybe a series of odd coincidences, but something comes back to viscous people one way or another. Karma does not always effect someone immediately, and many reach the cheap comfort of getting away with something they should not have. Yet, it comes back to them one way or another. It is very defendant.

In an unrelated story, I have a neighbor that is obsessed with lawn care and really enjoys reporting my house to the city for dumb things like replacing a few fence boards or overgrown trees. Not really a valid claim, but still have to fight it regardless. Today, the city started work on his lawn and ripped apart his side walk and swale. If that is not karma, I don't know what is. :naughty:

~Twinkie

Last edited:

bawii

Reaction score
personally, I think it's inevitable that bad things are going to happen to you, karma is just providing a justification of why these things are happening

when I went to warped tour this summer, there were some monks educating people about their religion. one of the guys talked to me, saying he believes in karma and all, and then asked for a donation. at that time, I didn't have much money, so I said I couldn't give him donations-- so in summary, there's this guy who was just talking about karma who asked for donations, which I denied him.

because of this, I personally think that if you do something your mind considers to be "bad", you'll believe that the next thing remotely "negative" that happens to you is karma

whether it is actually karma or not-- who knows! I kind of believe in it, but I also believe there's a sense of superstition with it :/

vol7ron

Reaction score
Karma is a reason and a fear that is made conscious through justification. Two people can do the same thing for different reasons, but have different feelings about the same outcome. It is a matter of present perspective and adds to the notion that ignorance is bliss.

psgalaxy91

Reaction score
I don't belive there is any such thing as Karma. I think everything is coincidince, things always happen, but people want to find an excuse for it, or reason or something.

firesteel

Reaction score
Karma? Sure why not? I mean something has got to be responsible for last week's hangover! Surely it wasn't the party I attended.

Yeah, that's it, I blame the same thing that got after Dazz with a big stick, only i got hit!

Xenjin

Reaction score
Karma is just a perceptual function of cosmic cause and effect. There is a lot of good and bad that happens to everyone ever so often and nobody thinks much of it. Karma is just a way of establishing a pattern among the sequence of cause and effect where there really is none. It's just like how the ancient Greeks saw star patterns in the sky and anthropomorphised them. It's the same way how people look at nature and think that God did it. Karma and everything else like it is just a manifestation of the human mind, trying to force the universe into a box it can understand.

nirav.thakker

Reaction score
i believe that all your deeds get paid for in full right here before your death! after all, isn't that Karma?

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
I don't believe it at all. I believe in "Randomness". [Messing Around] Every event in life is chosen by a magical coin that you do not flip. :p What if "Karma" is the wrong name and if you call it "Karma" then it gets pissed and does something bad to you? Maybe you should ask IT it's really name...[/Messing Around] So, yeah I don't believe in it. "My Name Is Earl" already made me believe otherwise (even though they believes in Karma). "Chance" is what I'd call it.

Like how I used the made-up tag? xD