Last.fm Vs Pandora

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Coldfirezz, Dec 20, 2008.

Last.fm Vs Pandora

1. Pandora

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  2. Last.fm

14 vote(s)
    60.9%
  1. Coldfirezz

Coldfirezz New Member

The two best websites to get music from.

Last.fm - http://last.fm
    Pandora - http://pandora.com

My personal favorite is Pandora. Its easy to use use and offers some great music. What do you people think?

~!Coldfirezz

2. xPlozion

xPlozion New Member

i use last.fm just for music tracking. my username on last.fm is the same as here.

3. Fahad

Fahad Guest

Firstly, Pandora is only available in the US, so a lot of people here wouldn't know about it.

But Last.FM is all anyone would ever need anyway! The interface is simple, they have millions of tracks, it's free, and it adapts to your musical taste to deliver music you'll like!

4. Starshine

Starshine Legend Killer

I would go with last.fm.

We do have an x10 group on last.fm as well.

5. shadowdragon

shadowdragon Guest

I prefer pandora because it is easy to use but some songs i don't like and the rules are you can't skip more than like 10 in an hour that is probably the only bad thing.

I tend to use Playlist.com though I dont know why because pandora is better because there is no searching for music with pandora.

-----shadow Dragon

6. ramj1

ramj1 New Member

I am partial to last.fm because of the extensive collection of international music it has... Pandora doesn't seem to encompass as much music as far as the international scope goes.
    Then there's the matter of having a nice little last.fm extension for Firefox that plays all my favorite music as soon as it loads up =D

7. naerey

naerey New Member

When Pandora was in open beta and available worldwide, I used it some and got to like it. Especially because the music they suggest you really is of your taste..
    Real pity they made it US only!!

Whereas Last.fm is loaded with... lots and lots of stuff.. which I think is somewhat superfluous. Not to note that their interface is somewhat lacking, not really userfriendly. However it is free, has much more music than pandora and works worldwide.

I don't think I can really decide for which one to vote.. Thus, I won't vote! Not until something changes...

8. sfan123

sfan123 New Member

I use pandora more the ipod touch app is so nice when you want to listen to some other music that you don't have on the ipod. It can give you really nice stuff to listen to too. But i haven't used much of last.fm though.

9. PuRelite

PuRelite New Member

I only use Jango, since it does wot I want, I wont try any others. Just my pennies worth...

10. Mallino

Mallino New Member

Last.fm for me, (username Mallino)

Although if people fail at tagging you get some really bad reccomendations ¬_¬

11. Brandon

Brandon Former Senior Account Rep Community Support

12. withambition

withambition New Member

I've been using Last.fm for about three months and I absolutely love it. The recommendations it gives me are spot on. I've only experienced a few problems with scrobbling issues (that is, tracking the songs you play), but the staff were extremely friendly and efficient. Awhile ago I used Pandora, but I didn't find it as useful as Last.fm. Last.fm is easier to navigate, gives better results, and just looks better.

No contest. =p

13. alv4

alv4 New Member

I use more last.fm
    :)
    I like it :p

14. hamsn

hamsn New Member

I have been used to last.fm, therefore will vote for it

15. jtwhite

jtwhite Community Advocate Community Support

I can't really choose between the two. I like the concept behind Pandora but I tend to use Last.fm more, because it doesn't have skipping restrictions.

16. galaxyAbstractor

galaxyAbstractor Community Advocate Community Support

Spotify. Free and legal music, a lot of music. New music added every week. I think it's a really good alternative.

If I were to chose from the actual sites, it would have been last.fm, because pandora is US only, and I block sites that is US only as I believe they are unfair.

17. jtwhite

jtwhite Community Advocate Community Support

It's US only due to the restrictions music licenses place. I'm not sure how Last.fm is available to other people.

18. jonmoseley8

jonmoseley8 New Member

I used to use last.fm a lot and it was rather good, but the ability to choose what songs to play annoyed me a bit. As a direct result I now use Deezer, which allows you to stream whole albums unlimited times for free. The only disadvantage is that a lot of the site is in French.

Out of the two in the poll though, I would personally go with last.fm. :)

19. zen-r

zen-r Active Member

There seem to be so many of these types of sites now.

I've never heard of Deezer - thnx, I'll give it a look when I get a moment.

20. adamparkzer

adamparkzer On Extended Leave

I tried using Pandora before, but I didn't really like it. I had to do the little thumbs-up thumbs-down thing way too much before it started playing music that I like. I've never tried Last.fm before.

I prefer listening to the music in my iTunes library. :)