Legal?

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Is it copyrighted. Look for a notice on the website somewhere

Oni

Reaction score
don't know...will check some other time...

may be but download.com got permission since this band is new and undiscovered and stuff...

Mike Shinoda from LinKin ParK made this band!

samtong

Reaction score
Can we like download a legal file then put it on our site so that others can download it? Like a mirror site but only with the files we like?

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
If its not copyrighted or you have PERMISSION from the author of said work then you can put it on the server.

dsfreak

Reaction score
Ok, download.com is owned by Cnet. All the music on there, was legally licensed to Cnet, and therefore can distrubute it. I'm sure somewhere in the Cnet EULA, or TOS, it says you are legally unable to distribute the music you recieve from them, because it was licensed to Cnet, not you. Therefore, using the music you get from download.com on your site, or for anything OTHER than for personal listeing pleasure, would be illegal. Unless, you were to write to the author and ask permission.

KINDLY correct me if I am wrong, please and thanks.

humphrey

Reaction score
theres a lot of free music that is actually free. You can see this at the barnes and noble website (which i do not know right now) but the music is not well known at all.