Load Balancing With cPanel

The Real Rebel

Reaction score
HI Guys,

Basically I am wanting to setup another server on another host (Don't want to its just for security of been in another datacenter) But anyway, I want to load balance my server so if people want to connect to my website they will connect to the fastest/closest host.

Is this possible with cPanel, Is there any tutorials on the web? btw, x10hosting FTW!

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
Redirecting people based on their location is a fairly big deal. It involves some form of CDN network, or any-cast IP range for good coverage and redundancy.
Another, slightly less reliable way(if the site the www is hosted on goes down then it stops new traffic from reaching working sites) is to redirect traffic on the website scripting level(like php) based on location, or the load on a particular server, ie set up the www sub-domain to detect their location, and redirect to ww1(Datacenter 1), ww2(Datacenter 2), or ww3(Datacenter 3).

Not sure if cPanel has anything useful in this regards as ive never worked with it.

Last edited:

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Another option could be to use a Round Robin DNS service, in which multiple IP addresses are listed for identical sites on multiple servers. As the article states also, the use of a load balancing DNS service such as lbnamed can resolve some of the issues that may arise with caching etc.