Login and Timeout Issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

learning_brain

Reaction score
I have been a member here for a while and I'm finding a few things a bit "buggy".

First - have you shortened the session timeout? Twice now I've made a fairly long post and lost it because my login session has expired. The second time, I gave up.

Second, the login box top right doesn't seem to work well. On several occasions I have tried this but only succeeded when using the normal full-screen login page. Am I missing something?

Weirdly, post views seem to be vastly exaggerated. How is this calculated? There doesn't seem to be as many members active on the forum, yet a post can get 1,000's of views in a very short period... is this right?

Just thought I'd mention it!

Richard

hbazer

Reaction score
Which forum are you 'seeing' this in ?

I have no timeout issue while making post in this forum

?? -
only succeeded when using the normal full-screen login page.

I see no post in this forum with
1,000's of views

What I do have issues with in this forum - is with "CloudFlare"

Last edited:

learning_brain

Reaction score
It depends on the length of the post.

If you're only making a few lines, it's not a problem, but I've been doing website reviews which take a little longer. It's tricky to know exactly what the timeout is, but it is a little annoying.

As for the 1,000's posts, when looking at the Forum -> Site Design, Development, and Promotion -> Review My Site board, I have post that I made on 10th March and it now (apparently) has 17,713 views!!! Really???:confused:

The post is http://x10hosting.com/forums/review-my-site/183949-new-progressive-design-css3-3-media-queries.html

I find that a little hard to swallow considering other posts around it. I'm not saying they are artificially inflated, I'm just questioning the tracker that counts the page hits (Does it pick up on bots?)

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Second, the login box top right doesn't seem to work well. On several occasions I have tried this but only succeeded when using the normal full-screen login page. Am I missing something?
I actually noticed this too a few times in the last 2 weeks - I thought it was just my browser acting up.
I'll let the appropriate staff know. :wink:

If you're only making a few lines, it's not a problem, but I've been doing website reviews which take a little longer. It's tricky to know exactly what the timeout is, but it is a little annoying.
When logging in are you ticking the "Remember Me" box?

Does it pick up on bots?
Yes, I believe it does :)

Status
Not open for further replies.