Look at my site and I'll love you for it!

cityeyes

Reaction score
After a day slaving over the keyboard and mouse to get my site transferred over to this host, I've finally finished up and everything seems to be working (for me at least) that's where you guys come in.

Photoblog: http://www.cityeyesphoto.com
Blog: http://www.cityeyesphoto.com/blog

Those are my sites (now hosted with x10). The Name servers have properly transferred over for me, so hopefully it'll be the same for you guys. Check em out, tell me how you like them, and more importantly, tell me if the site is exploding or something goes terribly wrong.

Thanks so much! Glad to be part of the forums!

cityeyes

Reaction score
Its really nice, its got some good stuff on it.

Thanks for the quick response! I'm so glad everything is worked out and I'm done getting all my crap fixed. My comment system was broken until five minutes ago due to some inherent problem with the beta version of the software that I'm using and I was also afraid I wouldn't be able to get all of my databases over.

Good to see it's working for other people and that my computer isn't just playing tricks on me.

cityeyes

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I try to keep my site clean and ad-free so that I can show off my photography (or my random rants on my blog) without anything else getting in the way. Thanks a ton for checking my site out!

Rep all around!

DSiDesign

Reaction score
No worries man, you may want to check out my site..
http://www.dsidesign.x10hosting.com
I think it might appeal to you..
Edit:
Oh, and just a quick note...
When i click on a thumbnail picture on your site, it brings up the details, etc..
But, it doesn't actually bring up a large view of that photo?..

Last edited:

cityeyes

Reaction score
No worries man, you may want to check out my site..
http://www.dsidesign.x10hosting.com
I think it might appeal to you..
Edit:
When i click on a thumbnail picture on your site, it brings up the details, etc..

Are you talking about the blog (cityeyesphoto.com/blog) or the actual site? if so, that's weird and I need to figure out how to fix it. I have no idea what just happened, but it looks like my site isn't working at all...database problems?

DSiDesign

Reaction score
The actual site - http://www.cityeyesphoto.com
Just tried to check and got an error -
Error Message:
Connect DB Error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query Cause #2
That's probably just MySQL down, again..
But anyway, yes - i did click through some of your photos yesterday, and it didn't bring up a 'large' picture.. i got a 'loading' banner at the top of the screen though, is that where the image should be? If so, it didn't load..

cityeyes

Reaction score
Yeah that's where the image should be. Maybe that was just before the servers went down. I'll test it again when everything is working!

ZeptOr

Reaction score
It looks nice. I like the blog template

Last edited:

cityeyes

Reaction score
It looks nice. I like the blog template

Yeah I love that template. It's simple and pretty. I made my own header for it and was pretty much set.

I'm sort of cheating during the server transfer. Right now I'm temporarily hosting my site on another server (one that is just about to explode). Can't wait for this maintenance to get done so I can change my Name Servers back and upload all of the crap that I had done over my vacation.

millionz

Reaction score
Very nice pictures, and a quite professional layout. great job.
But I think you would like to hear some critics as well;)...
so I just found myself unconfortable to find the thumbs
inbetween the main pic and the comment (that are somehow 'connected' to each other in my mind).
I imagine comments as the natural extension of the main picture so i would not put anything between them, perhaps moving the thumbs on top (and keep the same layout width of the rest;) might improve the acessibility?

Hope it helps and Happy new Year! :D
P.S. Badland pic is amazing...

cityeyes

Reaction score
Very nice pictures, and a quite professional layout. great job.
But I think you would like to hear some critics as well;)...
so I just found myself unconfortable to find the thumbs
inbetween the main pic and the comment (that are somehow 'connected' to each other in my mind).
I imagine comments as the natural extension of the main picture so i would not put anything between them, perhaps moving the thumbs on top (and keep the same layout width of the rest;) might improve the acessibility?

Hope it helps and Happy new Year! :D
P.S. Badland pic is amazing...

Thanks so much for the comments! I understand what you mean about the thumbnails separating the comments. It can be a bit of a pain and it breaks up the chain that should connect comments and the photo that is commented on.

cityeyes

Reaction score

Thanks for the nudge in the right direction. Apparently it was an Internet Explorer problem. My "Images" folder was long and complicated when it should have just been the image folder. Apparently that confused IE and made it show up as blank to anyone using the browser.

Thanks for the help/comments people!

Palito

Reaction score
:biggrin:
Very nice Photos!
I wish i could shoot things like that!
But I allways been taking Videos, not Photos!
Keep on doing such great Photos ;)
Palito