Looking for more staff..

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
Okay, here's the deal. Basically we are looking for staff. In the past, we would start you off as a moderator and then you'd be promoted up. I have talked to Corey, we are short on Account Managers, and mods. We need both. We ask the following:

All Staff:
Have over 200 posts
Been here a while, and know whats going on and what we do
Have NO infractions, or bad pasts with the company, or staff
Be atleast 16.

Moderators:

Be able to moderate assigned forums on a daily basis, and know x10's terms of service for the forums

AMs:

Have working knowledge of cPanel, WHM, and how webhosts work.
Be able to devote time to x10, Problem we have now is that the staff is overloaded, We average 20-30 tickets a day, sometimes more.. Right now, and I probably shouldn't post this, we had over 80 open tickets. We are getting rid of the slack, So if you can't devote the time, then please don't bother. Also, if you're going to apply for AM, we will question you, to see what you know. If you don't cut it, you won't get it. We can see through a front. ;)

But, either way, Please, if you feel you fit, fill out the MOD app at http://forums.x10hosting.com/modapp.php And, if applying for AM, use the same application, but just put you're applying for AM in the COMMENTS section, and PM me. Only PM me IF you're applying for AM so I can note it elsewhere. Thanks for being a part of x10hosting, and taking the time to read this.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm guessing still not let up on the 16 rule? :p

Good luck to all that apply. Not sure I even meet the requirements (besides age). Remember that time, with those silly, silly people? Yeah... =/

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I have two infractions for too short of posts in the Crossfire forum, but that's all. Other than that, I can become staff if positions are open in roughly two months.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I'd also like to contest the no infractions stipulation. I made a stupid mistake when I first started at X10 and I'd really love to be on staff, even if I started out as a moderator until you trusted me as a higher staff member. I'd like to talk to you about it in private, or even here in the thread, but I'll wait patiently until I get a "go ahead" on the PM :)

And good luck to all applicants. There are a lot of awesome people here on X10. I'm sure you'll have a fine staff, even without me ;)

Last edited:

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Dang I hope people forget the past... Can the past be forgotten if it was two years ago?

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
ok.. on the infractions thing, if they have expired, then apply ;) derek, we'd have to discuss it (The admins)

taha116

Reaction score
Moderators:

Be able to moderate assigned forums on a daily basis, and know x10's terms of service for the forums

Can do, i have been a member on several forums with VB but mostly SMF and some phpbb, so I know quite a bit on moderation and how to do it in other software,

But i just realized i don't know x10ns TOS in and out so never mind, just ignore this post... :crying:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
ok.. on the infractions thing, if they have expired, then apply ;) derek, we'd have to discuss it (The admins)

Thanks, Russ. I'll do my best to make sure you don't regret this :biggrin:

I know you probably don't want to disclose too many details on what an AM needs to know, but could you be a little more specific? Is client side knowledge enough, or do I need to know admin side stuff too?

zen-r

Reaction score
Just a question (I've no plans myself to apply at the moment :) ) ;

Are there a few main areas of problem/ topic where staff are repeatedly getting the same Support Tickets from members?

If so, would it be an idea to provide a tutorial on what to do for those main areas where people have problems, & email it to new members with their sign up confirmation? Giving them the answers they need before they ask the questions like this would help cut down not only on your immediate ticket workload, but also on all future tickets. Obviously there would be many lazy people who don't even bother to read the info, & go straight to Support for help - for them you can just resend them the info & ask them to read it first. That way, you can dedicate your scarce time to more people who have actually run out of ideas on how to solve their problem.

Personally, I found useful information quite hard to find on the forum when I first joined up. It was lost in the sea of out of date or irrelevant information. Also the good info is often posted in a thread which has mixed in with it endless posts from other members just giving their comments or chit chat - turning what should have been a quick read into a protracted ordeal!

Yes, Search is there to help, but it isn't perfect & often brings up masses of irrelevant posts which have to be sifted through.

So I think that some time spent giving the help & tutorial section a bit of a revamp (& getting rid of some of the out of date stuff in Stickies etc) AND clearly sign-posting members to that info in the forums, would actually save staff far more time in the long run.

P.S. Russ, judging by your photo in your sig, you look barely old enough to be Staff youself! ;)

Please click my Reputation button
reputation.gif
(at the corner of this post) & make me :) -it costs you nothing!

If I've traded services/credits with you, please remember to leave iTrader Feedback. Thanks.​

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
If you can make sentences, spell correctly, use proper grammar, and are mature for the most part we will teach you anything you need to know.

satbir

Reaction score
I applied for Mod sometime back. Do I need to apply again or you will consider that application.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I applied for Mod sometime back. Do I need to apply again or you will consider that application.

It seems that you can't apply again if an app is on file. So, if you click the link and it lets you apply, you can apply again :)

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
i sapek pfercet eilsgnh, i maen, you CAN raed tihs rihgt?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
i sapek pfercet eilsgnh, i maen, you CAN raed tihs rihgt?

Of course I can! You're doing that little first and last letter with middle letters scrambled brain trick there :D

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score
yes smith is right i can also read that.. but this is not the right place of this post..
the topic is "looking more staff"

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
i'm sorry, i forgot to quote "If you can make sentences, spell correctly, use proper grammar" :D

Well anyways, good luck finding great people to join the team

Last edited: