Love Literature

Fearghal

Reaction score
Hello X10 Members!

I have had a site for a little while now called "Love Literature".

Its aimed at discussing books and sharing your own stories and poems etc. Its currently powered by MyBB with a few mods from all over the place, but together I think its not a bad little website.

Please fire some suggestions at me, sign up if you want! (Please :lol:)

Click here to go to Love Literature!

*Stoli has been going down a bit, please try again later if its offline.

Thanks,
Fearghal

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
Way too much white! You should consider finding a discreet background color or transparent image. Maybe a little something more for the header as well.
It could be a nice touch to change the folder images (marking read/new posts in forums) for book images. For example, closed book = all messages read, open book = new posts, book with lock = locked thread.

As a whole it's good, not much to comment on since a forum is a forum ^^

Last edited:

Scott B

Reaction score
7/10

The overall design is nice because of its colors and simplicity, the main part I would like to point out is the logo. I think that the header should be reconstructed some to match the rest of the page.

Other than that, its great :)

tittat

Reaction score
Nice theme, love it.The main thing that i felt is that the header is too wide and contains a lot of white space in it.

dickey

Reaction score
Try to change the background color of the header, something that would complement your logo and to make it shine. Or try to put some text after the logo maybe something like

Code:
Home to prose, and poetry...
             and anything and everything literature...

of course you can change the words maybe you can incorporate it to one banner together with the logo. just something to fill up that empty space at your header, coz it will make some people think that your site is barren or empty.

I hope my comments help.

Fearghal

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I will try some new colour schemes and get that slogan up dickey.

Thanks for all your help, I will post back when ive completed the redesign for you all to have another look. Thanks again :)

bookworm99

Reaction score
(1) Love your avatar - Janeway FTW!

(2) It's quite nice. I do very much like the theme, though the orange and yellow is a little bit... offsetting. Did you make it yourself?

(3) It actually looks like a place I'd enjoy - I may consider signing up. I'll be able to say more after that, definitely :p

xmakina

Reaction score
Looks good, but you've got a greater challenge than how it looks. As you've gone for a writing forum you're going to have to come up with some kind of policy when it comes to content.

For example, Quizilla is awful on the eyes *but* it's incredibly popular as just about anything goes. Seriously, read 3 stories on that crap-fest and your faith in humanity and the youth of today will be ruined.

Writing is as much about reputation as content, you'll get a lot of readers if you restrict your writers to good content only but you'll get a lot of writers if you're very liberal towards quality. It's up to you to find the users you're after.

Fearghal

Reaction score
(1) Love your avatar - Janeway FTW!

(2) It's quite nice. I do very much like the theme, though the orange and yellow is a little bit... offsetting. Did you make it yourself?

(3) It actually looks like a place I'd enjoy - I may consider signing up. I'll be able to say more after that, definitely :p

I kinda made it myself, I modified about 80% of another theme.

Thanks about comment on Janeway :biggrin:
Edit:
Looks good, but you've got a greater challenge than how it looks. As you've gone for a writing forum you're going to have to come up with some kind of policy when it comes to content.

For example, Quizilla is awful on the eyes *but* it's incredibly popular as just about anything goes. Seriously, read 3 stories on that crap-fest and your faith in humanity and the youth of today will be ruined.

Writing is as much about reputation as content, you'll get a lot of readers if you restrict your writers to good content only but you'll get a lot of writers if you're very liberal towards quality. It's up to you to find the users you're after.

Hmm, I dunno. I would like writers to learn from their mistakes but at the same time get some good quality work...

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I was trying to sign up, but the script disliked my email :/ Guess I can't use the one I set up on the domain I've purchased for some reason

anyways, I do have a blog that is about books, among with music and movies, would it be ok if I put up a link to your site?

bluid

Reaction score
the banner has alot of white space to say the least :p
but the content is good :)

Fearghal

Reaction score
I was trying to sign up, but the script disliked my email :/ Guess I can't use the one I set up on the domain I've purchased for some reason

anyways, I do have a blog that is about books, among with music and movies, would it be ok if I put up a link to your site?

Id love that thank you!

Also, If you want to PM me a username, password and email address I will create an account for you via the admin panel, it overrides all restrictions on accounts so any email address with any domain should be allowed. You can change the account when you login :)
Edit:
Ok, I have put a colour around the edges and used dickeys slogan...

Hows that now?

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I can always sign up with another email, got a few to chose from :)

No need to do it for me, just a tad bit frustrating to not be able to use the email of my own domain...

Will add the link now, and head for signing up to your forum

Fearghal

Reaction score
I can always sign up with another email, got a few to chose from :)

No need to do it for me, just a tad bit frustrating to not be able to use the email of my own domain...

Will add the link now, and head for signing up to your forum

Ok Thank you,

What domain where you trying to use? I can try whitelisting it for you.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
the domain I have is annas-playground.info

btw, the loggo is better, but it overflowed the width if the forumsapce (the white area) for me until I maxed the browser, and I do have a fairly high resolution, though part of the screen is devoted to vista sidebar)

Fearghal

Reaction score
the domain I have is annas-playground.info

btw, the loggo is better, but it overflowed the width if the forumsapce (the white area) for me until I maxed the browser, and I do have a fairly high resolution, though part of the screen is devoted to vista sidebar)

Yeah... I kinda blacklisted all .info

Ive whitelisted it now :)

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
thanx :) There's probably a lot valid .info domains...

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
took the liberty of messing a bit with your logo...

Attachments

• logo_example.gif
    logo_example.gif
    22.4 KB · Views: 17

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the text get a bit messy that way... would be better if it was solid orange, and not the outline only

the example was more to show a smaller, more compact logo, but still filling out the area pretty well