Make your site copyright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dipeshsilwal1

Reaction score
Here is the script which works for HTMl and PHP. This script allows to make ur site copyright which means no one can copy any texts from your site. Example: www.softmania.cjb.net

Here is the code:
HTML:
<script language="JavaScript1.2">
function disableselect(e){
return false
}
function reEnable(){
return true
}
//if IE4+
document.onselectstart=new Function ("return false")
//if NS6
if (window.sidebar){
document.onmousedown=disableselect
document.onclick=reEnable
}
</script>
Need feedback please.

Last edited by a moderator:

vbchris

Reaction score
This doesnt exactly make your site copyrighted, but it does stop a user from copy and pasting your content although of course there is many ways around this.

n4tec

Reaction score
I need to see that script in action... there is no action @ the link you have provided...

*4*

NewFuture

Reaction score
there is no select text script, i cannot select text on that site

moose

Reaction score
Yeah, ways around.. are like.. going to File>Save Page As.. or going to View>Page Source. lol So if it's just javascript.. It doesn't really do anything..

vbchris

Reaction score
nforchange said:
I need to see that script in action... there is no action @ the link you have provided...

*4*

http://network-13.com <- take a look script has been implemented on the main page,, notice how you can't hightly text simply be clicking and dragging :grin:

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
h I just saw that on your site vbchris.. and I think it is a good code I think i am going to try it out.

ShadowStriker

Reaction score
making your site copyright would mean actually tracking down idiots and suing them for a couple thousand dollars.

BUT i wouldnt say it was copyright if they actually said where the original work of art is and who to actually give credit to...

NewFuture

Reaction score
moose said:
Yeah, ways around.. are like.. going to File>Save Page As.. or going to View>Page Source. lol So if it's just javascript.. It doesn't really do anything..

is there anyway to stop people viewing your source code, or hiding it, i know there is encryption but i am worried it could corrupt my site and not work on evry pc.

vbchris

Reaction score
NewFuture said:
moose said:

is there anyway to stop people viewing your source code, or hiding it, i know there is encryption but i am worried it could corrupt my site and not work on evry pc.

Although there is a few ways of encrpyting your source, You cannot prevent anyone from viewing the source code

dipeshsilwal1

Reaction score
Did any one tried my script????

I saw the website that Vbcris and that site provide the same script as mine. I personally think we should use that scipt to track down thieves.......

NewFuture

Reaction score
ok, well never mind, i just see it as this, ye its anoyin people nicking your content ideas, images, but why do they do it?, there jealous!, impressed of your work, they cant b a**** to do it themselves and cos they like it theyll nick it, just take it as a compliment,

tip, this is what i always do, add text to your images relating to you or your site so it is harder for people to nick them, (and yes it is possible, for people to get rid of that, but its disturbing the balance of the pic) another way is to add watermarks,

there is no real way to stop people nicking your text, anyone can write it down and retype it, but we all know the orig site it came from, and can see a imitation,

moose

Reaction score
NewFuture said:
moose said:

There's aspx (I think) that makes it impossible to hack your website.. but other than that, I don't know.. who cares though.. Most of the time, it'll be people you know.. or someone thats affiliated with your affiliate so it'd be quite easy to find.

Goten X

Reaction score
vbchris said:
This doesnt exactly make your site copyrighted, but it does stop a user from copy and pasting your content although of course there is many ways around this.

Yes, you are so correct. One way is to save the website, use any text editor (like notepad) and seek out the url/ text you wanted. How do I know this? I've done it when stupid webmasters try to block something they think I can't get to..... I have no need to do that now, though. There is no sure way for your site to be safe, but you have to have trust in your visitors, and believe that they won't try to steal your content. Thats what I think. Oh, and that code has been out for a long time, I used to have it on my site.

|GX

Status
Not open for further replies.