Making the suggestion forum more active

Theotherside

Reaction score
I think the more suggestions that are given, the more chances for X10 to become an even better hosting service. I was wondering if any of you guys thought it would be profitable to make the feedback and suggestions forum an Xtra points forum. I think it would increase the activity, and increase in helpful ideas. Anyway, tell me what you think :)
-The Other Side

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Theotherside said:
I think the more suggestions that are given, the more chances for X10 to become an even better hosting service. I was wondering if any of you guys thought it would be profitable to make the feedback and suggestions forum an Xtra points forum. I think it would increase the activity, and increase in helpful ideas. Anyway, tell me what you think :)
-The Other Side

You know what..thats the BEST idea ive heard in my life...Corey lets do it:rant2:

sourabhj

Reaction score
Hi,
I have some suggestions:
  1. Provide facility of free web templates/banners to make webpages from templates for beginers.
  2. give a facility to all members to provide e-mail accounts to their clients for example if some one register on my site I can give him/her a email address of his her choice to communicate on the net( offcource x10 can restrict no of accounts according to their plans).
  3. make a section for tutorials about making web pages java script php.
  4. Please provide a ftp client specially made for x10hosting.
  5. When ever X10hosting is down for maintanence or up gradation please ensure that all the site displays " We are down for maintanance & upgradation. We will be back soon" instead of "page not found"
  6. my observation is that lot of people facing problems about placing ads on every pages some guys even not knows that this is essential so please send all this information about ad code (depanding upon their plan) how to insert on pages php pages with the activation mail. if some one still faces problem and request help please insert ad code on their page. This will help lot of people.
  7. our cpanal has lots of nice features but there is no help about how to use them even I dont know about lots of features functioning and use for example ho to backup site on harddisk and restore it back, so please put some manual or help on cpanal.
  8. There should be a e-mail system to inform users about important events, maintanance /upgradation down time.
--
Sourabhj

Last edited:

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
sourabhj said:
Hi,
I have some suggestions:
  1. Provide facility of free web templates/banners to make webpages from templates for beginers.
  2. give a facility to all members to provide e-mail accounts to their clients for example if some one register on my site I can give him/her a email address of his her choice to communicate on the net( offcource x10 can restrict no of accounts according to their plans).
  3. make a section for tutorials about making web pages java script php.
  4. Please provide a ftp client specially made for x10hosting.
  5. When ever X10hosting is down for maintanence or up gradation please ensure that all the site displays " We are down for maintanance & upgradation. We will be back soon" instead of "page not found"
  6. my observation is that lot of people facing problems about placing ads on every pages some guys even not knows that this is essential so please send all this information about ad code (depanding upon their plan) how to insert on pages php pages with the activation mail. if some one still faces problem and request help please insert ad code on their page. This will help lot of people.
  7. our cpanal has lots of nice features but there is no help about how to use them even I dont know about lots of features functioning and use for example ho to backup site on harddisk and restore it back, so please put some manual or help on cpanal.
--
Sourabhj

Well here is cPanel help: http://www.cpanel.net/docs/cpanel/

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
sourabhj said:
hi Thankyou very much for very quickly providing cpanal help link .
--
Sourabhj

No prob its on their home page & support page

__z|x__

Reaction score
2 give a facility to all members to provide e-mail accounts to their clients for example if some one register on my site I can give him/her a email address of his her choice to communicate on the net( offcource x10 can restrict no of accounts according to their plans).

Its already an option and it can be done through the cPanel.

Please provide a ftp client specially made for x10hosting.

Why would someone want a client specifically made for x10hosting??

Last edited:

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
__z|x__ said:
Its already an option and it can be done through the cPanel.

Please read the help manual i gave you link too to find out how to.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Theotherside said:
-The Other Side

If feedback and suggestions were an xtra points forum, people would spam it up with tons of random suggestions to get points..

It would increase activity, but the majority of the posts would be posts that don't amount to squat.

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
Wha
Spartan Erik said:
If feedback and suggestions were an xtra points forum, people would spam it up with tons of random suggestions to get points..

It would increase activity, but the majority of the posts would be posts that don't amount to squat.

What you sould do
1. Give normal points
2. When somebody like admin/salesmanger/accountmanger looks it over.
3. If the idea is worth a look over give more points
4. If its something stupid deduct points
5. Then more people will take the ideas seriucly

Chris Z

Reaction score
so make it a no post count gain and if it is a useful suggestion, corey can give them points
edit-this might be a little bit easier than what blong suggested :)

Last edited:

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
billybob bo buck said:
so make it a no post count gain and if it is a useful suggestion, corey can give them points
edit-this might be a little bit easier than what blong suggested :)

That too:happysad:

But these are ideas