Mayan Calendar 2012

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I refuse to trust a culture, that did a continual human sacrifices because they thought the sun would stop shinning... they were wrong with that idea and they are wrong with time stopping in 2012

Since you are from quebec, you probably heard about the ECR classes. Well that's pretty much what we are learning in thoses classes. We have a crazy (he looks a bit high) teacher that doesn't care about the subject. He teaches us how did animist people lived and how we are like them. I say WTF :thefinger!

Last edited:

allofus

Reaction score
The calendar in question was structured quite different to our 'gregorian calendar' in that it comprised of 3 parts, 3 rings. Our Calendar counts 1 orbit around the sun and we call it a year.

They had 2 extra measurements.

Their first ring, or cycle was once around the sun, their second cycle of 52 year or was it 55, I forget? was the time it takes for the earth to go round and round and round the sun and finish up in exactly the same place it originally started in relation to the sun.

Their 3rd ring, or cycle counted the processional journey of the earth. Basically how long it takes for the sun to rise in 1 star sign, or 'position' in the sky and get back to the same spot.

So if for example the sun was rising in front of aquarius when the counting started then 25,626 years later it would be in the same position in the sky, right over aquarius.

Follow the man with the piture of water into his house.

His house is aquarius.

So,
to answer the question originally posted;

The Mayan Calendar does not make predictions of beginnings or endings as such, but is like an ancients equivelant to the G.P.S. The counters are in reference to motion, not time and it is extremely likely that the motion of the earth, solar system, galaxy and universe as a whole will continue and eventually the procession will pass through aquarius.

The Mayan made predictions for the first cycles of the first and second ring on their calendar and they have been interpreted as being bright, positive and exciting times.

I think it is up to us as a species to prove these very gifted mathematicians right.

There were earlier references to human sacrifice in this thread...

How many innocent afghani and Iraqi children, women and men are being sacrificed today with the consent of many in the west, all in order to enure their own back yard does not turn into a target.

What I am getting at is without knowing how they came to the conclusion that these sacrifices were needed who are we to judge?

I do not agree with the wars I mentioned, they were started on lies, but I also understand that some who do honestly think it is the only option.

Their survival instinct outwaying their moral judgement.

As for 22 Dec 2012.

Our own calendar dates are not accurate. The alleged date of Jesus's birth was miscalculated by several years, so to be able to accurately take a 25,626 year cycle and pin it to 1 day is rather funny, but not likely accurate. The mayan math was correct, computer models prove it so, but to accurately determine which day was the first one they coulted from is highly unlikely.

I would think it rather ironic if the doomsday stuff was right and we had the whole thing out by a couple of years and today was the last day....

Did you live today as if it was your last?
Maybe you should tomorrow, it just might be. Watch out for that bus.

wolflock

Reaction score
I have a question.

In Thailand it is not 2009 but in fact 2554 BE. That means 2012 has been over for almost half a century. Should I stay here until 2013 and then go back to the Western world? :)

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I refuse to trust a culture, that did a continual human sacrifices because they thought the sun would stop shinning... they were wrong with that idea and they are wrong with time stopping in 2012
Very well said. This 2012 thing is just a y2k redo.

allofus

Reaction score
I have a question.

In Thailand it is not 2009 but in fact 2554 BE. That means 2012 has been over for almost half a century. Should I stay here until 2013 and then go back to the Western world? :)

The year 2012 was not calculated using the thai calendar, funny but...

The dates were calculated using known timelines of myan archeology, but as I said these calculations are likely not 100% accurate.

y2k and the 2012 calendar have zero relation. People like sitchin nhave tried to associate things like planet x, nibiru and the myan calendar together, but poetic licence is really only the viable explanation because if you take these unrelated stories as such they do not complement one another.

Myan predictions were positive.

Nibiru was allegedly depicted 4000 yrs ago, supposedly have a 3600 year orbit around the sun.. By my math is should have been and gone roughly 400 yrs ago. There should also be documented and archelogical evidence of destruction on an unprecedented scale during this, and 3600 yrs period, but we have elaborate structures that pre-date, elaborate civilisations in India and China that predate this timeline, but no evidence of the calamity associated with nibiru.

It is also worth considering that the authors of the nibiru legend, the sumar wrote of tehir gods, the anunoki who gifted tehm with math, science, art, medicine, agriculture and modern cililisation 'stuff' but no word of the destruction that people like sitchin associate with this nibiru, like I said poetic licence, aka stories, aka BS.

Sold his books though, so....

vekou

Reaction score

I partially agree. Although i personally believe that the mayan calendar is fairly accurate, there's no need to overreact like most people do. Nobody stated that it will be the end of the world, but only hinted that it will be a beginning, probably a new era. It's funny how capitalists want people to overreact, to capitalize on this event. *cough* movie *cough*

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Calenders are made by men. The universe is not.

I agree. I don't think anybody could set an exact date.

I partially agree. Although i personally believe that the mayan calendar is fairly accurate, there's no need to overreact like most people do. Nobody stated that it will be the end of the world, but only hinted that it will be a beginning, probably a new era. It's funny how capitalists want people to overreact, to capitalize on this event. *cough* movie *cough*

I have saw commercials on the History channel selling Human Continuity, lol.

I hope that is all it ends up being. I am expecting widespread panic on that day >.< It would be sad if the prediction itself caused the end of life (some psycho setting off a nuclear weapon).