Mediawiki - Unable to determine IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

techman224

Prime Account
Reaction score
I've used the Softaculous installer to install Mediawiki, but when I try to access the wiki page, I get "Unable to determine IP". Here's the backtrace if it helps:

#0 /home/techman/public_html/wiki/includes/User.php(1537): wfGetIP()
#1 /home/techman/public_html/wiki/includes/db/Database.php(683): User->getName()
#2 /home/techman/public_html/wiki/includes/db/Database.php(1050): DatabaseBase->query('SELECT lc_valu...', 'LCStore_DB::get')
#3 /home/techman/public_html/wiki/includes/db/Database.php(1134): DatabaseBase->select('l10n_cache', Array, Array, 'LCStore_DB::get', Array, Array)
#4 /home/techman/public_html/wiki/includes/LocalisationCache.php(792): DatabaseBase->selectRow('l10n_cache', Array, Array, 'LCStore_DB::get')
#5 /home/techman/public_html/wiki/includes/LocalisationCache.php(327): LCStore_DB->get('en', 'deps')
#6 /home/techman/public_html/wiki/includes/LocalisationCache.php(356): LocalisationCache->isExpired('en')
#7 /home/techman/public_html/wiki/includes/LocalisationCache.php(268): LocalisationCache->initLanguage('en')
#8 /home/techman/public_html/wiki/includes/LocalisationCache.php(211): LocalisationCache->loadItem('en', 'defaultUserOpti...')
#9 /home/techman/public_html/wiki/languages/Language.php(471): LocalisationCache->getItem('en', 'defaultUserOpti...')
#10 /home/techman/public_html/wiki/includes/User.php(1075): Language->getDefaultUserOptionOverrides()
#11 /home/techman/public_html/wiki/includes/User.php(1980): User::getDefaultOptions()
#12 /home/techman/public_html/wiki/includes/parser/ParserOptions.php(197): User->getOption('numberheadings')
#13 /home/techman/public_html/wiki/includes/parser/ParserOptions.php(154): ParserOptions->initialiseFromUser(Object(User))
#14 /home/techman/public_html/wiki/includes/Article.php(4448): ParserOptions->__construct(Object(User))
#15 /home/techman/public_html/wiki/includes/Article.php(841): Article->getParserOptions()
#16 /home/techman/public_html/wiki/includes/Wiki.php(462): Article->view()
#17 /home/techman/public_html/wiki/includes/Wiki.php(69): MediaWiki->performAction(Object(OutputPage), Object(Article), Object(Title), Object(User), Object(WebRequest))
#18 /home/techman/public_html/wiki/index.php(114): MediaWiki->performRequestForTitle(Object(Title), Object(Article), Object(OutputPage), Object(User), Object(WebRequest))
#19 {main}

Last edited:

techman224

Prime Account
Reaction score
I've also tried to install mediawiki manually and I get the same error.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I'll install MediaWiki on my test account located on Starka. This should have been solved last night since other software was seeing issue...

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
A test installation (manual) of MediaWiki on my test account shows no issues with MediaWiki not being able to determine IP addresses. I made an Admin account and edited one page, and I see my IP listed twice in the Database when I search for it. I also saw no errors visiting the Wiki regarding IP addresses.

Last edited:

techman224

Prime Account
Reaction score
I've tried installing MediaWiki again and it now works. Whatever caused this must have been fixed. What was the problem with the server?

Status
Not open for further replies.