Moving a Website Baker site

rlodge

Reaction score
Let's see if I can get through this without thoroughly confusing everyone.

I started a website that was pure HTML when I signed up for X10. I then decided to try and build a site using Website Baker. My HTML pages are in the Public_HTML directory. My Website Baker site is in the Public_HTML/subdirectory. What I want to do is remove the HTML site completely and move the WB site up to the Public_HTML folder. I have a couple of questions about this, though.

1. Do I move everything in the WB directory to the Public_HTML directory or just the index.php file? I am thinking that I need to move everything from the WB sudirectory to the Public_HTML directory, but I'm not sure.

2. How does this move affect my MySQL connections with the WB site? Do the MySQL databases look in a specific location or do the pages look for a specific MySQL database?

Thanks. A link for me to read would be just fine. I just haven't found one yet.

Coonz

Reaction score
You can move all the WB into the public_html folder unless you have a index.php in there that you want to keep. So you could move the WB to the very root of your host(not public_html) then rename public_html to something else then rename WB to public_html. As for the mysql connections i would think you are using a connection file that you call into your pages instead of manually writing the connection into every page. Which then you could just copy the connection file from your original folder into what was your WB folder. It all depends on how you want your directories...If this confused you or made no sense let me know im a little happy this mourning so stuff is just flowing out :p

rlodge

Reaction score
OK. I moved all of the HTML website to the /Public_HTML/_private directory. I then copied all of the files and folders from /Public_HTML/WBdirectory up one level (public_HTML). Now I get the following message when I attemp to access http://msmcctt.exofire.net.

Warning: require_once(/home/rlodge/public_html/include/phplib/template.inc) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/rlodge/public_html/framework/class.wb.php on line 35

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/rlodge/public_html/include/phplib/template.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/rlodge/public_html/framework/class.wb.php on line 35

Just what is this telling me?

Coonz

Reaction score
Its telling you that the file you are calling cannot be found where it says it is. SO you need to locate the file that is being required and link it correctly.
EX. /public_html/framework/class.frontend.php - From index.php Its expected class.frontend.php to be inside framework folder which is located in your main folder public_html

Franc0

Reaction score
just delete all files and re upload to public_html

rlodge

Reaction score
Well, everything is where it says it should be. Could this have to do with MySQL? I did not do anything with that because I don't know how to redirect it.
Edit:
just delete all files and re upload to public_html

Delete all files where? Are you saying delete the files from the public_html (the ones in reference to the WB site) and then move them from the subdirectory to public_html again?
Edit:
Well, I removed all of the files from the public_html directory and moved them over again one by one. Everything works now so thanks so much for your help.

I guess this thread can be closed. I don't know how to do it (or if I can) or I would do so.

Last edited: