MX Entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hauzer

Reaction score
Hi there,

After not being able to reply to outgoing messages with x10hosting, I've decided to use Google Apps e-mail, however I can not use the MX Entry Feature.

What ever MX Entry I type in with what ever Priority, it bounces back and gives me the error:

Error fetching zone data for omods.co.uk.db's MX

zapzack

Reaction score
Where is your domain hosted? It would be better to add the entries there.

Hauzer

Reaction score
The domain is registered at http://www.ovh.com/

I think I need to change the MX Entries in the cPanel, as I've done this before on another hosting with the cPanel. I'm not sure if I can MX Entry with OVH because it will MX Entry the domain instead of the host.

I don't know if it makes any differences, but is it possible to pass this error?

Kind regards.

Hauzer

Reaction score
Sorry for the bump but I think it needs more recognition. Thanks for your reply zapzack.

If possible could a member of staff change the MX Entry for me? I know it's possible since I've seen other customers do this at another hosting company, is it possible for a staff to change it for me.

I need it to the following entries.

attachment.php

Attachments

• mxentry.gif
    mxentry.gif
    3.9 KB · Views: 96

jmcgowan

Reaction score
I also use Google Apps, and it's better, if not necessary, to change the MX records with the domain registrar, not the host. I did this through www.registry.com (using their free domain for the first year offer... best deal ever) and my email was up and running within a couple hours. I'm not sure if ovh is quite that painless, but it should still be fairly easy to pull off if they're worth working with.

Hauzer

Reaction score
TechAsh: Thanks for the notification, but can it not be just done in this thread rather than a ticket? I know it sounds crazy, but I've had a bad experince before with the help desk: Click to visit thread.

Again, I know it sounds crazy.

lmstfy

Reaction score
Hauzer, this is community support.. for official support you need a ticket

Hauzer

Reaction score
Yeah, I understand that but take a look in my previous post. Click the link to the thread. I've recently formatted my computer with Windows 7 and don't plan on formatting again just to get a MX entry changed. I have other users and myself who use this computer for Internet banking, purchasing etc.

So, I'm asking if possible, could it be done in this thread. If not, then I'll just leave the whole MX Entry thing but I can't use the e-mail with x10hosting if I don't do this.

Last edited:

Hauzer

Reaction score
Sorry for the bump, could I have my MX Entries updated please? I've decided to create a ticket, it's been 2 days without a response or action. I've also moved up my ticket status to Critical since it didn't receive any replies.

You may think I'm being impatient, but I have to do this as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Hauzer

Reaction score
Good point about the Holiday but the time zone shouldn't have anything to do with it. As the clock has spun 48 hours, so each time zone should have had the chance to see it. It's nearly 3 full days without a response.

Even though it's the holidays, I'm sure there still should be some support available.

zen-r

Reaction score
I don't quite know what you mean by "3 full days without a response".

You had several responses. You were told that this is Community support, & that if you wanted support from admin, who are the only ones who can change your MX entries, then you would need a Support ticket.

By the way, now you have opened a ticket, remember not to bump it because apparently that will send it to the back of the queue again. :happysad:

fakeit

Reaction score
he's speaking about his ticket now.
Hauzer, I'm waiting for response too. Hosting is free, so we should wait as long as it's needed ;)

Hauzer

Reaction score
Lol zen-r,

Yes, I've waited 3 full days now for the ticket response, going onto 4 now. I didn't create the ticket yesterday, I created it on 01/08/2009. You're only getting the impression that I created the ticket yesterday because that's when I posted it in this thread, I actually created it 2 days before posting here. ;]

Yeah, I guess it is a good point, that hosting is free.

zapzack

Reaction score
Lol zen-r,

Yes, I've waited 3 full days now for the ticket response, going onto 4 now. I didn't create the ticket yesterday, I created it on 01/08/2009. You're only getting the impression that I created the ticket yesterday because that's when I posted it in this thread, I actually created it 2 days before posting here. ;]

Yeah, I guess it is a good point, that hosting is free.

Once you open a ticket, leave it alone.. Do not modify it at all or you get sent to the bottom..

Hauzer

Reaction score
How much longer do you'll think it take? Been 6 days, lol. I guess I am a little impatient, haven't let it be a week yet. :p

zen-r

Reaction score
Hmmm. Not good.

It sounds like maybe all the Support staff have gone off for their summer holidays, & we're left floating in an unmanned ship! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.