My account directory are not writable

Status
Not open for further replies.

lycan007

Reaction score
Dear Admin,
My site is on boru server. I'm getting a permission denied error on my site.
I am using SMF on my siteand i am getting this error from today morning " The cache directory is not writable - this will adversely affect the performance of your forum."
I checked my cPanel. And everytime I try to touch the file permissions it throws a "read only file system" error.

If it might have anything to do with this issue, I'm also getting a security warning from my browser (about an outdated certificate) when I try to access cPanel, which never happened before.

please look into the issue.

I had the same problem few days back, which i thought was due to server migration, but the problem is still persisting... please advice some solution...

regards.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

I'd wait a while and see if the file system error passes. As you can probably see from the sheer number of tickets, there are lots of things going on, and they are all most likely linked to upgrades. Your server is one of the ones originally designated as being upgraded.
The certificate error is likely to pass also. I believe some of the certificates expired, and others have been messed up slightly by all of the backend things going on.

I can access your site and forums with no issues at the time of posting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.